close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Oct 20, 2021 at 11:47 Quote
FreeRider2111 wrote:

I don’t blame you, the meta is pretty loud

Loud??
If you really think that than I'm pretty sure that something is off with your bike.

I had a pretty loud creaking sound that went away when I greased rear shock's attachment points.
Also, on one ride I could swear that my chain slapp is louder than usual and back home I discovered that I forgot to activate the clutch mechanism on rear derailleur.

Other than that, my Meta is really silent

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 0:35 Quote
[Quote]

my 2021 META AM in Size M weighs about 17,5kg or 37.5lbs..
yeah it is a f***ing heavy pig but 35km/1300hm or 22miles/4300ft are no real problem for me. slow and steady is the way to go.

my 2016 Specialized Enduro was way lighter but the steep seatangle, the slack headtubeangle and the longer reach make the META far more comfortable especialy since its the replacement for both the Specialized and my DH Bike.

[/Quote]

flippen nice looking bike that's for sure

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 14:39 Quote
pakleni wrote:
FreeRider2111 wrote:

I don’t blame you, the meta is pretty loud

Loud??
If you really think that than I'm pretty sure that something is off with your bike.

I had a pretty loud creaking sound that went away when I greased rear shock's attachment points.
Also, on one ride I could swear that my chain slapp is louder than usual and back home I discovered that I forgot to activate the clutch mechanism on rear derailleur.

Other than that, my Meta is really silent

Second this. Also had a fair amount of creaking until I greased the rear shock. Now it's dead quiet.

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 16:19 Quote
meezo wrote:
[Quote]

my 2021 META AM in Size M weighs about 17,5kg or 37.5lbs..
yeah it is a f***ing heavy pig but 35km/1300hm or 22miles/4300ft are no real problem for me. slow and steady is the way to go.

my 2016 Specialized Enduro was way lighter but the steep seatangle, the slack headtubeangle and the longer reach make the META far more comfortable especialy since its the replacement for both the Specialized and my DH Bike.

flippen nice looking bike that's for sure[/Quote]
Damn, my TR Race came out to 40lbs with ex511’s double cushcore and dh tires. A little overkill for that bike haha

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
Got a deal on a piggyback Super Deluxe Ultimate. I really appreciate my current Deluxe and haven’t experienced fade on the chairlift days I did (i dont do them much). I do not feel like i need more adjustments.

It is a useless upgrade for me, right ?

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
I've blown up a non piggyback Monarch on my last bike when I cased a jump. I really don't know if the piggyback model would prevent that, but it gives me kinda peace of mind

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
patisfaction wrote:
Got a deal on a piggyback Super Deluxe Ultimate. I really appreciate my current Deluxe and haven’t experienced fade on the chairlift days I did (i dont do them much). I do not feel like i need more adjustments.

It is a useless upgrade for me, right ?

I would say that the heavier you are, the longer the descents and the hotter the climate, the more sense does a piggy back make. I have the deluxe but I´m light, live in a coldish climate and the bike park I do the most of my riding only have 200 altitude. So I have no problem living without a piggy back except the lack of cool factor.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
Sad to say I recently cracked my 2019 Meta TR frame, right along the weld just above the main pivot area. Not entirely sure how it happened, but I suspect it occurred during a fast but not very big huck-to-flat. Anyone else ever hear of this happening?

Commencal customer service was amazing throughout the process and got me a new 2021 frame within about four weeks. Very happy with how everything was handled and stoked to have the new frame and a like-new bike.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 23:49 Quote
bensmorse wrote:

Commencal customer service was amazing throughout the process and got me a new 2021 frame within about four weeks. Very happy with how everything was handled and stoked to have the new frame and a like-new bike.

While everyone is complaining about customer service it's nice to hear a happy ending story like this

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 2:18 Quote
bensmorse wrote:
Sad to say I recently cracked my 2019 Meta TR frame, right along the weld just above the main pivot area. Not entirely sure how it happened, but I suspect it occurred during a fast but not very big huck-to-flat. Anyone else ever hear of this happening?

Wow first cracked Commencal frame I have ever seen. Glad to hear you will back to riding soon, or should I say hucking to flat soon

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
bensmorse wrote:

Wow first cracked Commencal frame I have ever seen. Glad to hear you will back to riding soon, or should I say hucking to flat soon

I cracked two back in the day - a 2009 Supreme and a 2013 Meta AM. That 2013 Meta was a piece of shit and completely turned me off the brand. Their warranty department was horrible back then too. Sold as soon as the warranty frame showed up and thought I'd never get another, so now its pretty ironic I have one of the new TRs...
Gladly their quality has much improved in the last few years.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 18:47 Quote
bensmorse wrote:

I cracked my 2020 TR in the same spot. Also received the same great service and had a new frame in about 2 weeks.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:11 Quote
Now I just have to find a huck big enough to crack mine so I can too get a free upgrade hahaha

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
Just realized that Williams racing products make a mullet link for the 2021 meta. Wish I had known that before I purchased my full 29 inch wheelset...

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 15:18 Quote
jcritch73 wrote:
bensmorse wrote:

I cracked my 2020 TR in the same spot. Also received the same great service and had a new frame in about 2 weeks.

What happens if the shock is a different stroke, do you have to replace it?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009602
Mobile Version of Website