All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 13:48 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I know what you mean about the chain guide, mine wouldn't fit. I'll run it without and see how it goes but I like the added security of them.
Yeah, same. The E13 one seems to rub less on the cable, so I think I'll keep it, but it's right between spacer sizes so I guess I need to file down some washers to fit so the chain doesn't rub in either the smallest or largest gears.

Also, got around to mount the DHX2 today, or at least tried to. The bushing on the yoke side is too large, even though the shock was specified as "for Meta 29" on the Commencal homepage. It came with two little plastic washers, but it would only fit without them and if the bushing didn't stand out on the side.

photo

photo

DPX2 has a larger eye and a loose bushing inside (not pressed in). Do I need a new bushing, and if yes, what size?

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 7:12 Quote
Can anyone with a size Large confirm some seat tube and dropper measurements? I emailed Commencal and got a kind of confusing response.

I'm wondering if the height of the seat tube is measured including, or excluding the collar. Commencal site says 465mm, but collars can add 2 to 4mm in my experience. Other bikes i've had have been way off on the stated seat tube length as well (could someone measure BB centre to top of collar, or top of the tube?)

Also wondering about maximum seat post insertion depth. I saw another post in this thread that i thought referred to 252mm (not sure if that is including or excluding activator on the dropper). Commencal suggested it was way shorter at 235mm, but sent me a diagram of a KS dropper they spec on the Large which is 240mm max depth including activator. So maybe they're trying to be conservative?

Need to know the specifics as I'm right on the edge of being able to fit a 160mm dropper which i would much prefer if i can get it to work.

Thanks!

(i've been using this dropper calculator tool which is super helpful: http://sp00n.net/bike/seatposts/ )

Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
telephunke wrote:
Can anyone with a size Large confirm some seat tube and dropper measurements? I emailed Commencal and got a kind of confusing response.

I'm wondering if the height of the seat tube is measured including, or excluding the collar. Commencal site says 465mm, but collars can add 2 to 4mm in my experience. Other bikes i've had have been way off on the stated seat tube length as well (could someone measure BB centre to top of collar, or top of the tube?)

Also wondering about maximum seat post insertion depth. I saw another post in this thread that i thought referred to 252mm (not sure if that is including or excluding activator on the dropper). Commencal suggested it was way shorter at 235mm, but sent me a diagram of a KS dropper they spec on the Large which is 240mm max depth including activator. So maybe they're trying to be conservative?

Need to know the specifics as I'm right on the edge of being able to fit a 160mm dropper which i would much prefer if i can get it to work.

Thanks!

(i've been using this dropper calculator tool which is super helpful: http://sp00n.net/bike/seatposts/ )

I don't have any raw numbers for you, but for what it's worth I put in a 180mm OneUp V2 post and could pretty much have it dumped to the bottom without the actuator hitting the bend. (267mm insert) I'd hazard to guess a 160 depending on the brand and the amount of poke you have shouldn't be an issue.

In hindsight I should have gone with the 210 slammed all the way and shimmed it down to approx. 200mm drop.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2020 at 21:51 Quote
Awesome, thanks for that.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 15:41 Quote
Similar question. Thinking of buying a 2020 Meta AM in size M. Could anyone comment on the max insertion for dropper post on this size?

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 0:02 Quote
tjcroft wrote:
Similar question. Thinking of buying a 2020 Meta AM in size M. Could anyone comment on the max insertion for dropper post on this size?

Thanks!

I have the 2020 meta m and the max insertion is around 210. I have a oneup 180 dropper, shimmed down to 160 and around 5 cm of it is aticking out

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
waterman144 wrote:
tjcroft wrote:

Thanks!

I have the 2020 meta m and the max insertion is around 210. I have a oneup 180 dropper, shimmed down to 160 and around 5 cm of it is aticking out

Damn, that's a little disappointing.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 23:02 Quote
campasternak wrote:
Can anyone comment on the sizing? I'm 5'8 and coming off a Medium YT which I felt was a little on the small size. Would a medium be the right size for me?
I’m 5’ 9” and the Medium is spot on for me. Came off a 2019 Transition Sentinel Medium.

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 23:07 Quote
tjcroft wrote:

Thanks!
I have a Medium and my 150mm Reverb sits about 5-10mm to high. It’s fully inserted. Now I see why they spec it with a 125mm post. I’m 5’9” not sure about my inseam

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 1:01 Quote
themiltonator wrote:
campasternak wrote:
Can anyone comment on the sizing? I'm 5'8 and coming off a Medium YT which I felt was a little on the small size. Would a medium be the right size for me?
I’m 5’ 9” and the Medium is spot on for me. Came off a 2019 Transition Sentinel Medium.

How would you compare the Meta to the Sentinel?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 22:22 Quote
This thread was invaluable for me.. cheers to everyone who has posted.

I put a Bike Yoke 160mm dropper in my Large Meta AM 29.. just fit for my leg length.

I am also having issues with the rear derailleur cable getting squashed between the chain guide and the bottom pivot / bearing. I was thinking worst case of getting an Archer Components Dx1 Electronic shifter to eliminate the ghost / non shifting... expensive problem to have though Frown

This bike is awesome!

Seems Brasher and I had similar ideas with the Worlds Frame.
Photo's just don't seem to show how good the Worlds Frame looks!

Here's a photo of mine.

Commencal AM 29 2020 Worlds Frame

I also have a Medium WC Frame for sale if anyone is interested.. comes with the Fabric Seat and Reverb Dropper post, bottom bracket and headset.
I used most of the parts to build the large... It's brand new and can go back in the box.
Located in Melbourne, Australia.

photo

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 at 23:05 Quote
I just measured my medium frame.
250mm insertion to top of seat tube frame.. about 252mm / 253mm to top of seat clamp.
photo
photo

Arierep wrote:
themiltonator wrote:
campasternak wrote:

How would you compare the Meta to the Sentinel?

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 0:22 Quote
Had first ride of the meta today. Absolutely stoked to put it short. It was a proper DH track and nothing really phased it. Within 2 corners I almost jizzed my pants with how good that rear suspension is. I bottomed out a couple of times with the 550lb spring but only on absolute stupid huck to flat stuff that I should have taken a bit faster and smoother line on. The bike also turns like it’s on rails with the short chainstays.

Overall it smoked the stumpy evo. I’ve spent countless hours with different shocks, tunes and setups and it was eclipsed by a bike I guessed a spring rate And didn’t even touch a single clicker all day.

Edit. The front fork also works so much nicer with the steeper head angle. I was winding more and more lsc throughout the day and it got even better.

TLDR: I’m in love lol.

Only slight negative is I rub my calf sometimes on the rear triangle if my feet are a bit off. Tiny issue.

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
Hey guys, recently bought a 2020 Meta Am 29 essential and a OneUp component bashguide to go along with it.

They're both on the shipping truck at the moment. After reading this thread it's true that the rear derailleur cable seems to be in the way of chain guide quite a bit. Could one of you take a close up picture of the problem? Could it be solved by using a longer cable and twisting it out of the way?

Posted: Feb 15, 2020 at 9:21 Quote
joshbaribeau wrote:
Hey guys, recently bought a 2020 Meta Am 29 essential and a OneUp component bashguide to go along with it.

They're both on the shipping truck at the moment. After reading this thread it's true that the rear derailleur cable seems to be in the way of chain guide quite a bit. Could one of you take a close up picture of the problem? Could it be solved by using a longer cable and twisting it out of the way?

I fitted one on an XL frame with no issues - not sure frame size has anything to do with it though. I can't remember whether I used the stock washers that came with it or different ones.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017186
Mobile Version of Website