All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 15:36 Quote
CraigdP2016 wrote:
jcritch73 wrote:
bensmorse wrote:
Sad to say I recently cracked my 2019 Meta TR frame, right along the weld just above the main pivot area. Not entirely sure how it happened, but I suspect it occurred during a fast but not very big huck-to-flat. Anyone else ever hear of this happening?

Commencal customer service was amazing throughout the process and got me a new 2021 frame within about four weeks. Very happy with how everything was handled and stoked to have the new frame and a like-new bike.

I cracked my 2020 TR in the same spot. Also received the same great service and had a new frame in about 2 weeks.

What happens if the shock is a different stroke, do you have to replace it?
You can change the shock stroke with spacers

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 17:23 Quote
Opinions on meta AM?
I’ve had the ‘21 meta TR race edition for about 8 months now and I love it! It’s currently my do-it-all bike as I trail ride it 1-2 times each week and take it to various bike parks 2-3 times per month. It handles it all just fine but it definitely takes a beating at the bike parks, especially on tech trails. I got rid of my dh bike a couple years ago to try the one bike quiver thing and it works, but I’ve realized I definitely prefer having a second bike just for riding bike parks and some enduro races. I don’t think I’d do another dh bike but I do want to get a true enduro bike. I’m highly considering the AM 29 given how pleased I’ve been with the TR. I feel like a similar feeling bike with another 20mm travel out back and 20-30mm more in the front would be a weapon at the bike park! What are yall’s thoughts?

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 18:12 Quote
I have had 2 meta Am29’rs now. For the price and build you get with it, it is pretty much the best deal going for a full enduro/ park type bike. With a Zeb and then a coil on back will do it all. Don’t know if you noticed but Transituons builds and pricing have now pretty much copied commencals kits and prices. You get better wheel sets with Commencal and is still $100 cheaper than transition.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 18:41 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
Opinions on meta AM?
I’ve had the ‘21 meta TR race edition for about 8 months now and I love it! It’s currently my do-it-all bike as I trail ride it 1-2 times each week and take it to various bike parks 2-3 times per month. It handles it all just fine but it definitely takes a beating at the bike parks, especially on tech trails. I got rid of my dh bike a couple years ago to try the one bike quiver thing and it works, but I’ve realized I definitely prefer having a second bike just for riding bike parks and some enduro races. I don’t think I’d do another dh bike but I do want to get a true enduro bike. I’m highly considering the AM 29 given how pleased I’ve been with the TR. I feel like a similar feeling bike with another 20mm travel out back and 20-30mm more in the front would be a weapon at the bike park! What are yall’s thoughts?

I’m super happy with mine. I have a 230x65 shock so it’s closer to 170mm out back and am running my mezzer at 180mm and the bike feels great. I’ve mostly been using it for downhill/park as I have been riding my chromag rootdown mostly for trails but when I’ve ridden the meta through those same trials, don’t feel like it’s that much bigger of a bike. It’s the first bike I’ve had rat at the end of the season, I’m not looking to sell for something else. I love the bike!

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 19:00 Quote
So, that 230x65 works with no issues?

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 19:03 Quote
oldnw wrote:

Yes, on a large frame there’s lots of room to spare. I can’t confirm other size frames but am pretty sure others have run them aswell. I have both a super deluxe at 230x65 and a manitou Mara 230x65 and both work great

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 19:15 Quote
Thanks. Have heard of guys doing it and thinking I am gonna try it.

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
oldnw wrote:
I've been running it for about four months on my medium frame with no issues so far. I do get a bit of seat buzz if I slam the seatpost though

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
CraigdP2016 wrote:
jcritch73 wrote:
bensmorse wrote:
Sad to say I recently cracked my 2019 Meta TR frame, right along the weld just above the main pivot area. Not entirely sure how it happened, but I suspect it occurred during a fast but not very big huck-to-flat. Anyone else ever hear of this happening?

Commencal customer service was amazing throughout the process and got me a new 2021 frame within about four weeks. Very happy with how everything was handled and stoked to have the new frame and a like-new bike.

I cracked my 2020 TR in the same spot. Also received the same great service and had a new frame in about 2 weeks.

What happens if the shock is a different stroke, do you have to replace it?

You dont have to change it at all. If you leave it at current the bike will only have 130 travel. I got the stroke changed on my shock to 55mm and that gave me the 140 tarvel.

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 3:56 Quote
Would anyone have input as to ways to mullet my TR without the WRP link? If I bought and angle headset adjustment would that raise the BB enough with a 275 rear wheel? Thanks!

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
You could try with asymmetric bushing(s) mounted backwards. Just be sure tu use some kind of Loctite to keep them in right position

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
T00Holmes wrote:
Would anyone have input as to ways to mullet my TR without the WRP link? If I bought and angle headset adjustment would that raise the BB enough with a 275 rear wheel? Thanks!
a angle set to steepen the head angle and a longer air shaft to extend the fork would definitely help. There are geometry calculators like this one https://madscientistmtb.com/bike-geometry-calculator/ where you can plug in changes and see how it impacts the geometry.
You might also be able to fit a 216x63mm shock (with stroke limiter on the shaft to keep the wheel from hitting the frame on bottom out), which would push the rear wheel out/down to keep geometry similar. Just measure first to make sure there's enough space to fit the longer 216 shock in the front triangle

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 18:52 Quote
Anyone have weights on a medium 2021 meta am?

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 0:52 Quote
I think most of us were pretty much scared to weight our bikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007725
Mobile Version of Website