All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 2:45 Quote
makripper wrote:
Anyone have weights on a medium 2021 meta am?

My race TR in large, so roughly same size is 16.8kg. Carbon bars, magic marys.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 3:23 Quote
makripper wrote:

My AM in large is 16.8 with multi tool and a Pro Core in the back.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 10:34 Quote
Usually around 16.2 kilos stock but mine is close to 17.6 with DH casing tires, cushcore and a coil shock

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 13:13 Quote
Ok thank you, I'm considering meta am 29 team, trek slash 8 or alloy spire gx. It's a really tough call.

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 21:49 Quote
makripper wrote:

META AM Size M with Fox Float X2, Fox 38, DT Swiss EX1700 Wheelset, Maxxis EXO+ and DD Tires with no Insert. No Carbon so far.., mix of SLX and Deore for shifiting duties and XT Brakes.

the scale stops at just a touch under 38lbs or 17,2kg

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 23:56 Quote
makripper wrote:
Ok thank you, I'm considering meta am 29 team, trek slash 8 or alloy spire gx. It's a really tough call.

I was going to get a slash 8 this time last year but they sold out so i got the TR race. I'm really happy with it. I've ridden a slash 8 and that is a great bike as well. You really can't go wrong with either. Maybe look for a slash 8 used to save some money. I'm sure some rich covid bikers would have bought them from a dealer and now realised they don't need it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
makripper wrote:
I haven't ridden any of the bikes you listed but I do love my TR and commencal has basically all the other companies beat when it comes to value for the price.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 8:34 Quote
Ha! Yep. I have a 21 meta AM. Cushcore, alloy bars, GX alloy 165 cranks, fenders, and don’t want to weigh it! I still like nerding out on all the little ti bits, and am conscious of trying to save weight where I can. At the same time, It feels so good out on the trail and climbing doesn’t seem all that bad so I don’t worry about it too much.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:26 Quote
I am having some trouble dialing in my rockshox superdeluxe coil on my 21 meta TR. It feels pretty harsh and rear doesn't feel like its tracking the ground very well. My guess its probably a combination of rebound and sag. I am currently running a 400lb spring at 28% sag. According to Tftuned, to achieve 33% sag I need to use 385 lb. I'm considering trying a 350 lb spring whenever they come back in stock. Has anyone tried using a springdex coil? Would the progression of the springdex work against the frame?

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
business-casual wrote:
I am having some trouble dialing in my rockshox superdeluxe coil on my 21 meta TR. It feels pretty harsh and rear doesn't feel like its tracking the ground very well. My guess its probably a combination of rebound and sag. I am currently running a 400lb spring at 28% sag. According to Tftuned, to achieve 33% sag I need to use 385 lb. I'm considering trying a 350 lb spring whenever they come back in stock. Has anyone tried using a springdex coil? Would the progression of the springdex work against the frame?
I’m in the same boat as you. I weigh about 205lbs so I’m running a 550 spring. The I would describe the feel of the rear end exactly the same as you.

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
I'm riding AM and I would say that usually I like stiff rear end. However, it was way too stiff until I reached 31-32% of sag

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
business-casual wrote:
I’m in the same boat as you. I weigh about 205lbs so I’m running a 550 spring. The I would describe the feel of the rear end exactly the same as you.

Its not too bad at bike parks on fast rocky trails, but anything else is kind of brutal sometimes lol

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 14:41 Quote
pakleni wrote:
I'm riding AM and I would say that usually I like stiff rear end. However, it was way too stiff until I reached 31-32% of sag
I'm 130 pounds and running a 350 pound spring on a fox DHX2 with high/low speed rebound and compression fairly open as fox recommends it for my weight. The sag I'm getting is about 22% and I think its exactly where I want it. I originally had a 300 pound spring which felt plush, but not supportive enough on big impacts.

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 2:23 Quote
Hi all

Tried looking for a clear answer, but I don't seem to be coming right...

Does the Fidlock 590ml bottle and mount work with the '19 meta am large frame using a RS super deluxe ultimate air shock?

Posted: Nov 26, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
BurgerBeef wrote:
Hi all

Tried looking for a clear answer, but I don't seem to be coming right...

Does the Fidlock 590ml bottle and mount work with the '19 meta am large frame using a RS super deluxe ultimate air shock?

I have an x2 shock (Medium size frame) and it works for me. There is 2 or 3 cm in between

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006221
Mobile Version of Website