All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Author Message
Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 1:16 Quote
backpackvideo wrote:
Anybody else experience a creaky bike nearly out of the box? After about 2-3 weeks riding my 2021 AM 29 the creak was killing me, so I stripped everything down and to my surprise, the bearings had almost no grease in most of them. Re-packed and sounds nice and quiet. Maybe I got a bad apple? Wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar on a new bike? Felt kinda unusual especially since it’s new!

Go to the link below and go to picture 15. Clean and grease everything circled in red.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commencal/comments/pb4fds/2021_commencal_meta_am_tear_down_and_findings/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 1:20 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Reddit is full of people with absolutely no clue about bikes tho

As an ex bike mechanic I can say the same about Pinkbike. Plus, this subreddit is for Commencal owners. It's not just a MTB forum.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
backpackvideo wrote:
Anybody else experience a creaky bike nearly out of the box? After about 2-3 weeks riding my 2021 AM 29 the creak was killing me, so I stripped everything down and to my surprise, the bearings had almost no grease in most of them. Re-packed and sounds nice and quiet. Maybe I got a bad apple? Wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar on a new bike? Felt kinda unusual especially since it’s new!

Go to the link below and go to picture 15. Clean and grease everything circled in red.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commencal/comments/pb4fds/2021_commencal_meta_am_tear_down_and_findings/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Thanks for the detailed photos. This is helpful.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 7:04 Quote
What grease do you recommend?

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
Thanks so much for the tips + images! Following up. Just to be 100% sure I got ride of the creak - I serviced my headset last night. Went for a ride this morning and… the creak was awful. So now I’m convinced it’s the CSU on the Zeb. Debating whether or not to send it back or just live with it…

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 13:26 Quote
backpackvideo wrote:
Thanks so much for the tips + images! Following up. Just to be 100% sure I got ride of the creak - I serviced my headset last night. Went for a ride this morning and… the creak was awful. So now I’m convinced it’s the CSU on the Zeb. Debating whether or not to send it back or just live with it…

Try the Loctite trick before sending it in. it used to work on my zeb for a month or two at a time, ended up not working eventually, actually sold the bike it was on as it pissed me off so much lol

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 14:26 Quote
Commencal Champagne. Since it's so hard to find out what the color really looks like, here is a post of a Meta SX in Champagne.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commencal/comments/s4sokc/new_frame_day_meta_sx_in_champagne_more_pics_to/

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 23:44 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
Commencal Champagne. Since it's so hard to find out what the color really looks like, here is a post of a Meta SX in Champagne.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commencal/comments/s4sokc/new_frame_day_meta_sx_in_champagne_more_pics_to/

Beautiful!
It would be nice if Commencal and similar direct to consumers companies would make more effort in showing/adverse their products.

I have ordered my Meta in gunmetal colour and to be honest I wasn't thrilled with the colour. It was just good enough.
When it came I couldn't believe how beautiful it was!!

Pics on websites most of the times don't make a justice to the final product

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 0:18 Quote
pakleni wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:
Commencal Champagne. Since it's so hard to find out what the color really looks like, here is a post of a Meta SX in Champagne.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commencal/comments/s4sokc/new_frame_day_meta_sx_in_champagne_more_pics_to/

Beautiful!
It would be nice if Commencal and similar direct to consumers companies would make more effort in showing/adverse their products.

I have ordered my Meta in gunmetal colour and to be honest I wasn't thrilled with the colour. It was just good enough.
When it came I couldn't believe how beautiful it was!!

Pics on websites most of the times don't make a justice to the final product

Yeah my 2021 Meta AM is Gun Metal and I love. I was bummed to see they didn't have that color for the 2022 Meta SX. So I ended up getting the high polished version. Supposed to show up Monday. My friends Champagne color looks nice though.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
backpackvideo wrote:
Anybody else experience a creaky bike nearly out of the box? After about 2-3 weeks riding my 2021 AM 29 the creak was killing me, so I stripped everything down and to my surprise, the bearings had almost no grease in most of them. Re-packed and sounds nice and quiet. Maybe I got a bad apple? Wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar on a new bike? Felt kinda unusual especially since it’s new!

I mean that's not unusual at all - for any brand. It's generally good practice to go through any new bike and give it a once-over before you start to ride. They are typically assembled by overworked, underpaid people who don't really care any more than they absolutely have to.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Reddit is full of people with absolutely no clue about bikes tho

The Commencal subreddit is surprisingly good though. Most people there seem to have a pretty decent understanding of what they are talking about.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 11:04 Quote

my girlfriend got a new bike..

new year. new bike. and again the same model as mine but a year older Drool Big Grin

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
Hi guys! I would like to know if the 2019 and 2020 commencal meta 29 size large have the same reach/wheelbase or if they made any changes. In some websites they say it´s the same but in others claim that it´s bigger... If anyone knows this, please let me know.
Cheers

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
MY 2020 (came out middle of the 2020) is completely redesigned. Much longer reach and wheelbase, slacker head angle and steeper seat angle

On the pic just above your post you can see the differences

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 0:47 Quote
pakleni wrote:
MY 2020 (came out middle of the 2020) is completely redesigned. Much longer reach and wheelbase, slacker head angle and steeper seat angle

On the pic just above your post you can see the differences

That‘s MY2021

2019 and 2020 have the same frame design, but in some places it says 460 or 465 reach. I think they’re the same frame and it’s just down to measuring inaccuracies, in the Supreme review from Dan Roberts there was quite a difference between geo table and actual geometry.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007068
Mobile Version of Website