All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Author Message
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:

Is that Myriam Nicole? That's the 2022 Meta TR and not the new Meta SX. So I'm guessing it's just a photoshoot. Also, 29er makes more sense for a trail bike. Mullets work better for enduro and freeride.

What makes you think this is a Meta TR? I'm pretty sure enduro team is still riding full 29" Meta AM with just a new paint jobs.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 2:07 Quote
PeaFunk wrote:
Im 189cm and I'm not going back to 27.5'' rear wheel. Only full 29ers for me. I think a lot of riders above 180cm think the same way.

I'm with you on this

(Even if I'll have to change the brand when my Meta will need to be replaced)

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 4:17 Quote
Muscovir wrote:

Looks like even Commencal's team riders prefer the 29er over the Mullet

Anyone else notice the linkage on the coil bike is different than the air sprung bike?

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 4:43 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
Is that Myriam Nicole? That's the 2022 Meta TR and not the new Meta SX. So I'm guessing it's just a photoshoot. Also, 29er makes more sense for a trail bike.

What makes you think this would be a Meta TR?

Those are photos of Commencals new Enduro racing team, they would hardly spec Meta TRs as their race bikes. Most likely those are Meta AMs.

MTB-Ohana wrote:
Mullets work better for enduro

Jack Moir, Richie Rude and Jesse Melamed (current world's top 3 fastest enduro racers) would like to disagree.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 4:57 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

Anyone else notice the linkage on the coil bike is different than the air sprung bike?

Yeah noticed that too. It's got a got a different rocker link. Looks almost as if they tried to accomodate a longer shock. But it could also be to increase the leverage ratio progression to make the bike more coil friendly. It's hard to see exactly what's going on because of the angle.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Anyone else notice the linkage on the coil bike is different than the air sprung bike?

Yeah noticed that too. It's got a got a different rocker link. Looks almost as if they tried to accomodate a longer shock. But it could also be to increase the leverage ratio progression to make the bike more coil friendly. It's hard to see exactly what's going on because of the angle.

They didn't have to completely redesign the rocker just to reposition the hole a little bit.

Also, a TR with Zeb? Something is fishy around here

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
pakleni wrote:
Muscovir wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Anyone else notice the linkage on the coil bike is different than the air sprung bike?

Yeah noticed that too. It's got a got a different rocker link. Looks almost as if they tried to accomodate a longer shock. But it could also be to increase the leverage ratio progression to make the bike more coil friendly. It's hard to see exactly what's going on because of the angle.

They didn't have to completely redesign the rocker just to reposition the hole a little bit.

Also, a TR with Zeb? Something is fishy around here

If you compare them really closely, you can see that the rocker links (part that attach the seat stays to the seat tube) of the two bikes are quite different. The one on the coil-shock equipped bike is larger and offsets the yoke more towards the rear.
The finish on the rocker of the second bike also makes it look like it's a CNC-cut piece. Maybe a prototype.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 6:35 Quote
Muscovir wrote:

Looks like even Commencal's team riders prefer the 29er over the Mullet
Damn that's a beautiful build!

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 9:29 Quote
PeaFunk wrote:
Im 189cm and I'm not going back to 27.5'' rear wheel. Only full 29ers for me. I think a lot of riders above 180cm think the same way.

ill have to disagree on that, im 183 and i really like 27.5 wheels, currently riding a mullet setup bike and it really woke it up in the back as far as being agile compared to the bikes normal full 29er setup.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 16:38 Quote
I'm looking at trying a progressive spring on my meta am. Does anybody know if there is a spring suited to somebody who usually runs a 350 pound spring?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 16:59 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
I'm looking at trying a progressive spring on my meta am. Does anybody know if there is a spring suited to somebody who usually runs a 350 pound spring?

https://thelostco.com/products/mrp-progressive-springs

This one starts out at 350 and ramps up beyond that. Might ramp up too quickly depending on what you like. I went for a softer starting point and firmer ramp up with my typical spring weight in the middle.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 22:12 Quote
Hri666 wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:

Is that Myriam Nicole? That's the 2022 Meta TR and not the new Meta SX. So I'm guessing it's just a photoshoot. Also, 29er makes more sense for a trail bike. Mullets work better for enduro and freeride.

What makes you think this is a Meta TR? I'm pretty sure enduro team is still riding full 29" Meta AM with just a new paint jobs.

Because it says it on the bike. Zoom in on the back of the seat tube.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 22:29 Quote
Muscovir wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:
Is that Myriam Nicole? That's the 2022 Meta TR and not the new Meta SX. So I'm guessing it's just a photoshoot. Also, 29er makes more sense for a trail bike.

What makes you think this would be a Meta TR?

Those are photos of Commencals new Enduro racing team, they would hardly spec Meta TRs as their race bikes. Most likely those are Meta AMs.

MTB-Ohana wrote:
Mullets work better for enduro

Jack Moir, Richie Rude and Jesse Melamed (current world's top 3 fastest enduro racers) would like to disagree.

It says Meta TR right on the frame. And yes, they rode the Meta TR in some of the enduro races.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
MTB-Ohana wrote:
Muscovir wrote:
MTB-Ohana wrote:
Is that Myriam Nicole? That's the 2022 Meta TR and not the new Meta SX. So I'm guessing it's just a photoshoot. Also, 29er makes more sense for a trail bike.

What makes you think this would be a Meta TR?

Those are photos of Commencals new Enduro racing team, they would hardly spec Meta TRs as their race bikes. Most likely those are Meta AMs.

MTB-Ohana wrote:
Mullets work better for enduro

Jack Moir, Richie Rude and Jesse Melamed (current world's top 3 fastest enduro racers) would like to disagree.

It says Meta TR right on the frame. And yes, they rode the Meta TR in some of the enduro races.

Thats because they are on smaller bikes already, both jack and richie are on smaller bikes than they would ride day-to-day like we do.
Jesse is more about the details, every piece and measurement has to be perfect

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 1:18 Quote
You all do understand that requirements that top EWS riders have are not the same for us on our local trails or while lapping the park?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008025
Mobile Version of Website