All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
With my Meta SX, i have 20% sag with 133 lbs and coil EXT 425 (superdeluxe)

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 16:01 Quote
Hi,

Just bought a new (21 year) meta am frame without shock, was wondering if anyone had put different shock lengths on one, 230x65 or 60 seems to be common where's 62.5 all seem to be bearing eyelets. I can get a normal 62.5 obviously but am just curious before I pull the trigger.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 16:15 Quote
willaasss wrote:
Hi,

Just bought a new (21 year) meta am frame without shock, was wondering if anyone had put different shock lengths on one, 230x65 or 60 seems to be common where's 62.5 all seem to be bearing eyelets. I can get a normal 62.5 obviously but am just curious before I pull the trigger.

Cheers

You can run a 230x65 for more travel without issue. I’m running one on my large frame and it works great

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 22:44 Quote
willaasss wrote:
Hi,

Cheers

I'm building a meta sx and had the same issue as you. EBay was the only place I'd seen reasonably priced shocks in this size.

You can buy a 230*60 rockshox select plus from crc for £140 and use some wire cutters to snip out the 5mm spacer inside. (making it 230*65). It's not ideal but like people have said it supposedly fits.

They basically have the one shock and then adjust its stroke by using no spacers or a 2.5mm, 5mm or 7.5mm spacer.

Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
dirtrider121 wrote:
Guys, how long are everyone's frame bearings lasting? I ride roughly once a week and they're lasting about 9 months.

Getting to a stage that £120 every 9 months is a bit much, thinking of selling it on.

Haven't had issues with the frame bearings. But the headset was toast after 3 months.

Yeah, I've filled my frame full of Moto foam, the hole under the top tube just let's water flow straight into the headset, such a poor design.

So after recieving my warranty frame from commencal as the clear coat basically fell off my polished frame, and with the bearing and alignment issues, think I'm going to sell the frame and get something else.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 0:38 Quote
<Photo is private>

I’ve been banging my head against the wall for months now to figure out how to get 2 bottles in the Meta AM 29.
Finally cracked it.

Fidlock 800 and the YT Thirstmaster 4000 for a whopping 1.4L of liquid total.

Before your eyes roll too far back into your head - I get awful post-ride migraines if I don’t over hydrate, and I refuse to wear any kind of pack when I ride.

This is a frame size L.

Using the Wolftooth B-RAD 4 (I had to drill out two of the threaded holes to run the mounting bolts through to the bosses and get the correct length). Ran the bottom bolts through the YT-supplied mount, which offsets downward (the Fidlock mounts offset upward), then through the pump mount to secure the Fidlock 800. The YT bottle is mounted using the Fidlock mount at the top-most bolts.

I typically run a tube strapped to the downtube at the BB, so I’ll need to get a Tubolito or fold the tube into a triangle to get it to fit. Can post pics of that later if anyone cares.

Anyways, half of the fun was the challenge of figuring this out, the other half is not ruining the rest of my day with a headache whenever I ride. Smile

Posted: May 2, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Well, finally got my WRP link for the mullet build for my AM. Link went on without issue, now I need to press out the eyelet on the rear of my X2 to bolt it on. Very excited to get this build done!

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 7:31 Quote
Finally got my meta TR all together, did my first ride over the weekend. Curious what others are riding for volume spacers and psi in the rear?
Bikes rips so far!

I have rockshox super deluxe select + 175lbs

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
cazman727 wrote:
Well, finally got my WRP link for the mullet build for my AM. Link went on without issue, now I need to press out the eyelet on the rear of my X2 to bolt it on. Very excited to get this build done!

I'm not trolling. Just curious..

What are you expecting to gain with the smaller rear wheel? And how tall are you (what size are you riding)?

Posted: May 3, 2022 at 13:53 Quote
pakleni wrote:
cazman727 wrote:

What are you expecting to gain with the smaller rear wheel? And how tall are you (what size are you riding)?

I'm 6 feet tall and went with a medium for playfulness. 230x65 shock will give it 173mm of travel per Mic at WRP.

I did a mullet experiment on my V1 Hightower and really liked how much quicker the rear was in corners and easier to maneuver through S turns. Just made the bike a lot of fun to ride and playful.

So I've drank the mullet kool aid and figured why not?

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
cazman727 wrote:
pakleni wrote:
cazman727 wrote:

I'm 6 feet tall and went with a medium for playfulness. 230x65 shock will give it 173mm of travel per Mic at WRP.

I did a mullet experiment on my V1 Hightower and really liked how much quicker the rear was in corners and easier to maneuver through S turns. Just made the bike a lot of fun to ride and playful.

So I've drank the mullet kool aid and figured why not?

Has anyone tried something similar to the mullet link but just used a longer shock instead? Curious to know how much longer the WRP link is than the standard and if it’s similar or the same to putting a longer i2i shock on.

With the TR you could possibly use a 216x63 shock with a 27.5 rear wheel?

O+
Posted: May 3, 2022 at 21:08 Quote
was also curious if long shocking a mullet TR was feasible (with an off the shelf shock spec). i'm currently running an wrp. i think it's about 1/4" longer than stock unit; will have to double check.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
Does anyone know if the bearings on the 2021 Commencal Meta AM 29 are pressed into the frame or held in place by lockrings? There seems to be lockrings that go in front of all the bearings so I am wondering if they are held in like that.

Posted: May 4, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
Does anyone know if the bearings on the 2021 Commencal Meta AM 29 are pressed into the frame or held in place by lockrings? There seems to be lockrings that go in front of all the bearings so I am wondering if they are held in like that.

Have you looked on the Commencal website, it's really useful. Go to the "Tech Stuff" section, then "Looking for a bike part?". It's got diagrams and links to all the parts.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
Sethsg wrote:

Pretty sure they are pressed in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014575
Mobile Version of Website