All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: May 11, 2022 at 0:00 Quote
Bgelder666 wrote:
Has anyone installed a megneg air can on the new meta TR? How did it feel compared to just super deluxe stock air can?

I run the MegNeg on my AM and think its a clear improvement.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2022 at 3:14 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
Bgelder666 wrote:
Has anyone installed a megneg air can on the new meta TR? How did it feel compared to just super deluxe stock air can?

I run the MegNeg on my AM and think its a clear improvement.

I’ll second this. I rode mine for the first time last night with a megneg and it was noticeable that it has more support and is more plush off the top

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 4:48 Quote
Upduro wrote:
photo

fresh frame and shock, same old rest. First ride today, f*cking amazing. Definitely longer, takes some getting used to but I think I'll be fine. Climbing position is noticeably different, got up a tech climb on the first try that i only managed to do three times last year.

gonna get a longer dropper though.

Looks mint- is that a Meta TR or AM?

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
NotNamed wrote:

Session

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 1:39 Quote
I just installed the megneg to my 2020 meta am. Do i need to set sag as normal and then put 20% more pressure in, or just set sag and be done?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 3:02 Quote
wbro1974 wrote:
I just installed the megneg to my 2020 meta am. Do i need to set sag as normal and then put 20% more pressure in, or just set sag and be done?

Just set your sag and be done

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
wbro1974 wrote:

Before I installed it I had to run 20% sag with max volume spacers not to bottom out too easily. With MegNeg and zero bands I can now run 30% with one Gnar dog installed.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 10:40 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
Upduro wrote:
photo

fresh frame and shock, same old rest. First ride today, f*cking amazing. Definitely longer, takes some getting used to but I think I'll be fine. Climbing position is noticeably different, got up a tech climb on the first try that i only managed to do three times last year.

gonna get a longer dropper though.

AM

After spending some time on it it definitely feels a bit slower on tight corner flowtrails than the old one, but drops it easily when the going gets fast.

Posted: May 13, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
Kelin1616 wrote:
alexbg wrote:
Kelin1616 wrote:
Hey guys,

Long time lurker on this thread, I have some trouble with small bump compliance on my 2019 Meta TR, was curious if anyone was running a marzochi bomber cr with the 450 lb spring & how it felt? im around 180 lbs. I've run the 500 lb and felt it was still quite firm on smaller bumps (rebound about half way between fast/slow). I dont ride super hard but like hitting some rougher lines when possible. Just prefer a more plush feeling bike.

Get a lower rate spring, I'm heavier than you and have a 450 on my rockshox. Bottoms out for definite but I've never felt that being harsh. Small bumps it soaks up. I'm on 32% sag with rebound in the middle. My problem now is getting my lyrik to perform as well up the front.

Good data point to have, thanks. ill give the 450lb a try this weekend, luckily i had one laying around i never tried.

Did you fine any compressoin damping was needed with a 450 to keep the bike pedaling well? I know commencals arnt known for their climbing, however i've found the Meta TR to climb incredibly well... for me.

Ran the 450lb on a few rides last week, had great small bump compliance and didn't bottom out on my gnarliest trail in the area. going down a spring rate still gave me great pedaling platform as well. i feel like my sag is a bit high (approx 35%) but im loving the way the bike feels now, will roll with this for a while now.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
photo

Continuing to mod out my size large mulleted 2020 Metal am (WRP yoke) with a 180mm air spring up front, sprindex coil out back, and a works components -2 degree angleset. This has been a super fun project over the past 4 years with the bike beginning as a 2019 sram edition meta am, then I cracked the frame in 2020 and got a warranty replacement one and the tinkering began. At this point the last stock parts from that sram edition are the cranks, fork csu/lowers (upgraded to charger 2.1 when I blew the old damper), frame bolts, and the reverb (somehow still running great). Im pretty fired up on how well this rides and would be interested to do a back to back ride on a medium current model year medium meta SX. Hopefully Michelin comes out with a 27.5 wild enduro racing line or the dh22/34 get back in stock too as that front tire is second to none for predictability and grip IMO.

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
Kelin1616 wrote:
Kelin1616 wrote:
alexbg wrote:

Get a lower rate spring, I'm heavier than you and have a 450 on my rockshox. Bottoms out for definite but I've never felt that being harsh. Small bumps it soaks up. I'm on 32% sag with rebound in the middle. My problem now is getting my lyrik to perform as well up the front.

Good data point to have, thanks. ill give the 450lb a try this weekend, luckily i had one laying around i never tried.

Did you fine any compressoin damping was needed with a 450 to keep the bike pedaling well? I know commencals arnt known for their climbing, however i've found the Meta TR to climb incredibly well... for me.

Ran the 450lb on a few rides last week, had great small bump compliance and didn't bottom out on my gnarliest trail in the area. going down a spring rate still gave me great pedaling platform as well. i feel like my sag is a bit high (approx 35%) but im loving the way the bike feels now, will roll with this for a while now.

I think that's why a lot of people change to progressive spring. They are already at 30% sag but don't get the small bump compliance. How are you measuring your sag? In an 'attach position' or sat down?

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 2:45 Quote
What bottle/cage setup are you guys running? I’ve got a Meta SX and and my 750ml Fabric cage less bottle fouls the bottom of the shock.

Posted: May 16, 2022 at 22:27 Quote
Hey Team, I’m about to order a Meta essential build, but super torn between the AM ($6,800NZD) and TR (6,200NZD). I’ve read and watched a ridiculous amounts of reviews, and am leaning towards to the TR as I’m 70/30 ride up trails/ bike park. Has anyone bought the TR and wished they’d bought the AM instead? Just unsure if the extra 20mm travel is worth the $600NZD price difference, as the TR sounds like a pretty versatile 140mm weapon of a bike.

Cheers

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 12:03 Quote
marko369 wrote:
What bottle/cage setup are you guys running? I’ve got a Meta SX and and my 750ml Fabric cage less bottle fouls the bottom of the shock.

Large TR, same bottle and is fine.
photo

Posted: May 17, 2022 at 12:07 Quote
Macktory wrote:
Hey Team, I’m about to order a Meta essential build, but super torn between the AM ($6,800NZD) and TR (6,200NZD). I’ve read and watched a ridiculous amounts of reviews, and am leaning towards to the TR as I’m 70/30 ride up trails/ bike park. Has anyone bought the TR and wished they’d bought the AM instead? Just unsure if the extra 20mm travel is worth the $600NZD price difference, as the TR sounds like a pretty versatile 140mm weapon of a bike.

Cheers

I've seen a few posts of people trying to swap their AM for a TR but none the other way round. Sizing is a key thing as well, if you are between sizes of a TR you won't be on an AM and vice versa.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013973
Mobile Version of Website