All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: May 19, 2022 at 8:47 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
What have people done to fit a water bottle to the meta 29 then? I don't want to go buying stuff for it not to fit, size M
I use a LEZYNE Side Load Flow Bottle Cage, it sits pretty low in the frame. I tried the Topeka alt position cage mounts too but they actually made clearance worse for me because they lifted the bottle up into the path of the compressing shock.

Posted: May 19, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
Hi everyone, i bought a new shock for my frame and was wondering what mounting hardware i need for the top part? Also is there supposed to be play between the top part of my damper and the bolt? The frame is a 2021 Commencal meta am 29 and the shock is a fox x2. Thank you in advance.

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
Bgelder666 wrote:
lew-77 wrote:
What have people done to fit a water bottle to the meta 29 then? I don't want to go buying stuff for it not to fit, size M

I run a fidlock bottle with the mount upside down on the frame and the bottle, gives plenty of room with super deluxe.

Awesome, Fidlock is the likely route I’ll take

What size is the bottle?

Posted: May 20, 2022 at 4:55 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Bgelder666 wrote:
lew-77 wrote:

I run a fidlock bottle with the mount upside down on the frame and the bottle, gives plenty of room with super deluxe.

Awesome, Fidlock is the likely route I’ll take

What size is the bottle?

I have the twist 600

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 21:35 Quote
So after going through 2 rear shocks in less than 2 months of owning the TR, I’m wondering, what shocks do any other long term owners recommend for a reliable rear shock? I’m curious about the Kitsuma air or just a regular Super Deluxe ultimate air.

For context, the first shock to go was the SD Ultimate coil that came with the bike. Since this shock decided to die 2 days before a race I replaced it with a “brand new take-off” DVO Topaz. This topaz lasted through the race plus 2 regular rides afterwards before it also blew up. Both shocks are now out of commission, with the Rockshox being away on warranty and the DVO being in for repairs.

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 21:55 Quote
if you have to go coil, EXT E-storia.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 10:44 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
So after going through 2 rear shocks in less than 2 months of owning the TR, I’m wondering, what shocks do any other long term owners recommend for a reliable rear shock?

@maxwharin1

I don’t know if it’s exactly the same issue with the TR (to me it would seem so), but I know the AM linkage design puts a lot of lateral forces on the shock. This makes running coil on the AM/TR more prone to wear and general issues. I’m in the market for an air shock soon, so also following for what others recommend.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
blissindex wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:
So after going through 2 rear shocks in less than 2 months of owning the TR, I’m wondering, what shocks do any other long term owners recommend for a reliable rear shock?

@maxwharin1

I don’t know if it’s exactly the same issue with the TR (to me it would seem so), but I know the AM linkage design puts a lot of lateral forces on the shock. This makes running coil on the AM/TR more prone to wear and general issues. I’m in the market for an air shock soon, so also following for what others recommend.

I wonder if this is what's causing the bearing issues on my frame. I get through a set of the yoke bearings every 6 months, it's either lateral movement which is also what's causing people to have shock issues, or it's just an alignment issue from factory.

I've run an air shock on mine and I found it really harsh, although didn't put much effort into setting it up.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 11:58 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
blissindex wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:

@maxwharin1

I wonder if this is what's causing the bearing issues on my frame. I get through a set of the yoke bearings every 6 months, it's either lateral movement which is also what's causing people to have shock issues, or it's just an alignment issue from factory.

I've run an air shock on mine and I found it really harsh, although didn't put much effort into setting it up.

Interesting. I had a look at my frame bearings recently and one side of the yokes bearings were mint and the other side clearly had some crunch and stiffness to them. I noticed that the non drive side seat stay didn’t exactly line up with where it mounted to the link, where the drive side seat stay lined up perfectly..

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
dirtrider121 wrote:
blissindex wrote:

@maxwharin1

Interesting. I had a look at my frame bearings recently and one side of the yokes bearings were mint and the other side clearly had some crunch and stiffness to them. I noticed that the non drive side seat stay didn’t exactly line up with where it mounted to the link, where the drive side seat stay lined up perfectly..
I've never had a problem with my AM while running it with a Cane Creek DB coil shock and it feels really good. I am also only about 150lbs so that probably helps minimize wear.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 22:13 Quote
Yewww!! Ordered my TR essential, should be here in the next couple weeks once the fork travel has been extended at their shop. As far as protective film for the frame/ fork, has anyone used the Bikeshield premium pack, from the commencal store, and rates it? Or can suggest a better alternative they’ve used?

Cheers

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 23:05 Quote
Bike shield premium is fantastic for partially protect the frame. I can recommend it.

However.. in kit you get 2 big pieces. One for tip tube and one for down tube. The one for top tube needs to be cut around cable ports and shock mount and, if you're stupid like me, that could be a problem.

I found out that it's way easier to draw the lines over the protective film on the bottom so I did it that way. Until it was a time to do a top tube.

After I've cut the piece I discovered that nice people from Commencal made a cable port on the wrong side of the bike!!!

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
Macktory wrote:
Yewww!! Ordered my TR essential, should be here in the next couple weeks once the fork travel has been extended at their shop. As far as protective film for the frame/ fork, has anyone used the Bikeshield premium pack, from the commencal store, and rates it? Or can suggest a better alternative they’ve used?

Cheers

I have ridewrap. Pricey but fits like a dream. But of a hassle to install, pretty much invisible once it’s on. Have clear gloss on a polished raw frame.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 5:19 Quote
alexbg wrote:
Kelin1616 wrote:
Kelin1616 wrote:

Good data point to have, thanks. ill give the 450lb a try this weekend, luckily i had one laying around i never tried.

Did you fine any compressoin damping was needed with a 450 to keep the bike pedaling well? I know commencals arnt known for their climbing, however i've found the Meta TR to climb incredibly well... for me.

Ran the 450lb on a few rides last week, had great small bump compliance and didn't bottom out on my gnarliest trail in the area. going down a spring rate still gave me great pedaling platform as well. i feel like my sag is a bit high (approx 35%) but im loving the way the bike feels now, will roll with this for a while now.

I think that's why a lot of people change to progressive spring. They are already at 30% sag but don't get the small bump compliance. How are you measuring your sag? In an 'attach position' or sat down?

In attack position, been able to bottom out since that post, but its only in one particular spot that i know i struggle with clearing. it's perfectly rideable as is, though a progressive may be nice to try in the future, i could see myself going towards that as i continue to dial in the bike. Have you ridden with a progressive spring? haven't really dealt with these before....

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
what fidlock water bottle size are you running on your Meta am29? (mine is size medium)

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007318
Mobile Version of Website