All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 16:29 Quote
I’m selling a 230x60 RS superdeluxe with a megneg if anyone is keen. Hasn’t been ridden since getting the damper and aircan serviced. $250 if buyer covers shipping. Will include tuning bands and stock air can.

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 5:40 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
wbro74 wrote:
Anyone know of a place in the UK that sells linkage bolts? Changing bearings and one of the chainstay bolts snapped clean in 2. It's a 2020 meta am 29.Cry
Commencal will most likely be the only place, but a hardware store might have something that would work.

I tried some local places and no luck. I ordered 2 from Commencal but wont be here for at least 10 days Blank Stare

You wouldn't happen to know what size bolt and thread they are and maybe i can find some hack job until the proper ones arrive,

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 4:03 Quote
[/Quote] Commencal will most likely be the only place, but a hardware store might have something that would work.[/Quote]

What you reckon? Same thread, smallest length i could find (40mm) and will mean i lose smallest 3-4 cogs on cassette, but i can live with that, i just wanna ride Big Grin
[PI=][/PI]
photo

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
wbro74 wrote:
Commencal will most likely be the only place, but a hardware store might have something that would work.[/Quote]

What you reckon? Same thread, smallest length i could find (40mm) and will mean i lose smallest 3-4 cogs on cassette, but i can live with that, i just wanna ride Big Grin
[PI=][/PI]
photo
[/Quote]

Shouldn’t be a problem if the bolt is high quality enough.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 13:14 Quote
[/Quote]Shouldn’t be a problem if the bolt is high quality enough.[/Quote]

That i don't know Eek Only issue is the bolt head will foul the chain in the smaller 3-4 rings on the cassette.

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
You could try using the lower limit screw on your derailleur, or tighten the cable so much that it cannot shift into those lower gears. Or turn the bolt the other way and make a mark where the excess threads stick out and trim it down using a dremel.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
I currently have a 2021 TR race and it's been my do-it-all bike since I bought it in spring of 2021. I do 1 to 2 "pedally" trail rides per week and throughout the summer I usually hit the bike park like 3 times per month. I raced some enduros on this bike and even raced dh with it. As a do-it-all bike, this thing has been very amazing but that also means it doesn't quite excel in any one area. In the near future, I want to get a less aggressive trail bike to pedal as well as a more burly enduro bike for the bike park (or possibly a dh bike). Has anyone ridden the meta SX after riding the TR? I can take my TR down any trail in the bike park and it handles it fine, but it would be nice to have a little more travel. Would the SX feel a decent amount different from the TR? Just trying to get an idea of which direction I wanna go for an enduro bike.

Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 11:26 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
I currently have a 2021 TR race and it's been my do-it-all bike since I bought it in spring of 2021. I do 1 to 2 "pedally" trail rides per week and throughout the summer I usually hit the bike park like 3 times per month. I raced some enduros on this bike and even raced dh with it. As a do-it-all bike, this thing has been very amazing but that also means it doesn't quite excel in any one area. In the near future, I want to get a less aggressive trail bike to pedal as well as a more burly enduro bike for the bike park (or possibly a dh bike). Has anyone ridden the meta SX after riding the TR? I can take my TR down any trail in the bike park and it handles it fine, but it would be nice to have a little more travel. Would the SX feel a decent amount different from the TR? Just trying to get an idea of which direction I wanna go for an enduro bike.

Go mullet with 216x63 shock (160mm rear travel) and 170 front fork

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
Dporte34 wrote:
Gene158 wrote:

Go mullet with 216x63 shock (160mm rear travel) and 170 front fork

Have you tried this with success? I’ve been considering doing this as well but wanted to hear if anyone had experimented yet.

Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
Anyone got the Öhlins edition and can say anything about how the coil shock is holding up? My X2 shit the bed and I’m gonna sell it come spring, thinking about going TTX22 with sprindex progressive spring.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2022 at 12:26 Quote
I will be selling my 2022 Meta TR. It’s a size small, 444mm reach. Build kit is decent, comes with Nobl TR37 rims on DT Swiss 350’s.

Front rim is brand new just replaced on warranty, rear rim is new as of June and is in amazing shape.

Rear shock is a 2023 Super Deluxe Untimate.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3458672/

Bike is located in North Vancouver, but can arrange shipping or local pickup within the sea to sky area.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2022 at 14:23 Quote
So I put a DVO Jade X coil on my meta AM 29 2021. The shaft has now snapped. Anyone have any experience warrantying a coil that's been on a Meta?

Posted: Oct 25, 2022 at 16:08 Quote
Dockerslfc1 wrote:
So I put a DVO Jade X coil on my meta AM 29 2021. The shaft has now snapped. Anyone have any experience warrantying a coil that's been on a Meta?

I have ridden mine for 2 years on my '20 Meta AM and did not have an issue. I have the beige shaft model from 2020 and DVO told me that it would be fine. The new versions with the black shaft are stronger (at least twice as thick shaft) and have a stronger eyelet too. Which version is yours? It should be okay for warranty since they seem approved by DVO, but Commencal told me to stick with what they spec (Ohlins) for coil shocks.

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 18:21 Quote
Just saw the Meta TR Signature is back in stock on Commencal site and I love the value of that build and I'm a fan of the aluminum frame as most of my riding is in the desert where big rock strikes are not uncommon but I am a pretty short rider (5'4"). Looking at the geo chart it almost seems like the size small would be waaaay to big, for reference I'm currently riding a giant trance with 406mm reach so 440mm seems a bit excessive but I'm also looking to find something I can ride a little more aggressively without sacrificing pedalability. Would be interested to hear if there are any other vertically challenged riders here with experience on the TR?

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 21:11 Quote
blakelthaus wrote:
Just saw the Meta TR Signature is back in stock on Commencal site and I love the value of that build and I'm a fan of the aluminum frame as most of my riding is in the desert where big rock strikes are not uncommon but I am a pretty short rider (5'4"). Looking at the geo chart it almost seems like the size small would be waaaay to big, for reference I'm currently riding a giant trance with 406mm reach so 440mm seems a bit excessive but I'm also looking to find something I can ride a little more aggressively without sacrificing pedalability. Would be interested to hear if there are any other vertically challenged riders here with experience on the TR?

Don't nervous of reach numbers, the ETT so shorter than in your on current bike, They are big bikes but your in the middle of the size small range, you will be fine. They come with 50mm stem which probably little long but that's an easy swap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016073
Mobile Version of Website