All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 5:19 Quote
code26 wrote:
blissindex wrote:
code26 wrote:

Yes dudes, it is possible! I never thought it so before but hey, after she yelled "BRAAAAPPP" on the first date I knew it was gonna last, LOL.

But anyways, I would like to set her Meta AM 29 up as a mullet. Has anyone done this and retained near factory geometry? The bike is plenty aggressive in current form so slacking it out even more would be undesirable at this point.

There are mullet linkages floating around from a few vendors, others have posted in the past, but the biggest issue (at least to some folks in here) is that mullet-ing the AM 29 means you still have a longer chainstay length. To each their own, whether you like that or not! I think there was something about BB height as well, but I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Right on! I would definitely want to keep the chainstay length. Wouldn't want any shorter.
I have the WRP link and would buy it again. If you go that route just know depending on where he's at in his production cycle it may take awhile (months) to get it and he wasn't the greatest with communication. Here's a good review that helped me decide to go for it.
https://wheelbased.com/2021/08/29/review-williams-racing-products-19-20-commencal-meta-29-am-mullet-link/?amp=1

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
My 22’ Meta TR is still up for sale.

Asking $4700 CAD located in Vancouver, I will consider shipping within reason. The build is nice, not the highest end but a good mix. Including MY23 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ult, 22’ Lyrik Ultimate, and a nearly new nobl TR37 wheelset,

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3458672/

photo

Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 5:18 Quote
So I have been smashing my crankarms and pedals quite a few times on this bike.. The thought of putting a shorter set of crankarms has crossed my mind, and I just got a good deal on a set of Hope evo cranks in 155mm lenght.. I wonder if that is a bad idea?

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Mtbmaniax wrote:
So I have been smashing my crankarms and pedals quite a few times on this bike.. The thought of putting a shorter set of crankarms has crossed my mind, and I just got a good deal on a set of Hope evo cranks in 155mm lenght.. I wonder if that is a bad idea?

photo

I’ve been running mine with 165mm cranks. Never tried anything as short as 155 though. You might wanna drop a size or two in your chainring

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
Is somebody here using a MRP progressive spring with a RS Super Deluxe Coil on their Meta? If so, are the spacers required? Thanks!

https://mrpbike.com/products/coil-spring-spacer-kit

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 4:06 Quote
FreeRider2111 wrote:
code26 wrote:
Thanks for the insights! Weight is not my first priority but it's not something I completely neglect as repeatedly sprinting out of corners is a big part of racing.
My wife (the park rat) rides the AM and I've always been shocked at how well it pedals given it's weight.

blissindex ; i was leaning towards RS anyways. Thanks for backing it up!

i was shocked when i added all the weights but with the first few rides my concerns were blown away mostly. I won´t win anything uphill but it get´s the job done.

If money wasn´t a problem i would love to try the 2023 Rock Shox Lineup but so far i am more than happy with my Fox stuff
Hi, my Meta SX is 36 lbs with Lyrick Ultimate, new superdelux rc2t, EX511 rim and DT240 hub...
for the super deluxe I mounted it 2 weeks ago so I'm still working on the settings, I'll let you know

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 8:06 Quote
Anyone have been riding with Meta TR with a rear shock with 216x63 to increase the rear travel? Or anyone have been trying this setup? Any feedback?

Posted: Dec 16, 2022 at 0:53 Quote
I've explored the mullet path pretty well now on my 21 Meta TR race. First with the WRP meta mullet linkage connected to the stock 210 x 55 RS Super Deluxe with a Spindrex Coil and a newly built 27.5 rear wheel. Great upgrade - the bike is more composed and easy to lean over in corners vs the tendency of the 29er standing up. Clearance on steeps and general playfullness makes the mulleted TR 2021 way more fun.

Recently I got my hands on an imperial length coil 222 x 68. The new Bos Stoy 3. The original stock link with a 222mm shock is the same overall length as the WRP with a 210mm shock. So still mulleted with geo preserved and now have about 165mm rear wheel travel. It's given me the confidence to hit much bigger features and has generally improved traction as you can run the top a bit softer and have support through the middle and the extra travel for the big hits.

In saying that I think I will get a 210mm air can to go with the WRP as I'm getting more into jumps and jibs and interested in having a lighter more poppy setup - I feel like this simple switch will give me two bikes...

photo
photo

Posted: Dec 16, 2022 at 1:39 Quote
Lumenous1 wrote:
I've explored the mullet path pretty well now on my 21 Meta TR race. First with the WRP meta mullet linkage connected to the stock 210 x 55 RS Super Deluxe with a Spindrex Coil and a newly built 27.5 rear wheel. Great upgrade - the bike is more composed and easy to lean over in corners vs the tendency of the 29er standing up. Clearance on steeps and general playfullness makes the mulleted TR 2021 way more fun.

Recently I got my hands on an imperial length coil 222 x 68. The new Bos Stoy 3. The original stock link with a 222mm shock is the same overall length as the WRP with a 210mm shock. So still mulleted with geo preserved and now have about 165mm rear wheel travel. It's given me the confidence to hit much bigger features and has generally improved traction as you can run the top a bit softer and have support through the middle and the extra travel for the big hits.

In saying that I think I will get a 210mm air can to go with the WRP as I'm getting more into jumps and jibs and interested in having a lighter more poppy setup - I feel like this simple switch will give me two bikes...

photo
photo

Thank you for your feedback, about the imperial shock 222x68, you assemble with the original link/clevis?
EDIT: I have seen "The original stock link with a 222mm shock is the same overall length"

Why a shock with 222x68? Why not 216x63?

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 14:54 Quote
Wondering if anyone has found tool-less (has the hand lever on the axle) axles for their Metas... I know the specs. I'm searching for but I'm having a difficult time sourcing them. Any hints?...

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 15:10 Quote
Doesn’t Wolf Tooth Components make a tool that pops into the axle to make a lever? Or sell the axle and tool? Not at the bike shop ATM to look.

Posted: Dec 19, 2022 at 15:50 Quote
code26 wrote:
Wondering if anyone has found tool-less (has the hand lever on the axle) axles for their Metas... I know the specs. I'm searching for but I'm having a difficult time sourcing them. Any hints?...

Sram Maxle Ultimate Rear?

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 1:47 Quote
[/Quote]

Thank you for your feedback, about the imperial shock 222x68, you assemble with the original link/clevis?
EDIT: I have seen "The original stock link with a 222mm shock is the same overall length"

Why a shock with 222x68? Why not 216x63?[/Quote]

The geometry preserving WRP mulleting link was 12mm longer than the stock link. So 210mm shock + WRP link is the same as a 222mm shock + stock link.

A 216 shock with the WRP would be 6mm too long or a 216mm shock with stock link would be 6mm too short and would change the geo of the bike. If you're looking to steepen or slacken the headangle respectively then a 216mm shock would be a valid option.

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
Malky79 wrote:
code26 wrote:

Sram Maxle Ultimate Rear?

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 27, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
hilldescentcontrol wrote:
Sent an email to Cascade components asking for a link and yoke to up the travel to 155mm or so on the 2021 Meta TR. They have no plans for such a thing due to low demand. Perhaps more people are interested in this?

tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014005
Mobile Version of Website