All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Author Message
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
Was one KG heavier than my carbon Strive and it wasn't really noticeable. Depends whet bike you're coming from I guess, but the seating position is pretty good so it's a comfortable climber. The SRAM version saves almost a KG on the Signature due to the air shock, so it should be a bit more playful.[/Quote]

What size have you ordered and did you have the same size strive. I am thinking about the same change after cracking my strive.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
jcritch73 wrote:
Im considering the same order, also coming off a strive. What size strive have you got and what size meta did you order?

I had a medium Strive CF Race. Was right on the border between M and L. I bought the large Meta AM. Arrived this week, but in the workshop at the moment for some upgrades. So happy - the bike will be a weapon.

Meta AM SRAM Edition - First iteration

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
BT180 wrote:
jcritch73 wrote:
Im considering the same order, also coming off a strive. What size strive have you got and what size meta did you order?

I had a medium Strive CF Race. Was right on the border between M and L. I bought the large Meta AM. Arrived this week, but in the workshop at the moment for some upgrades. So happy - the bike will be a weapon.

Meta AM SRAM Edition - First iteration

Commie looks Sick..love the Red lowers on the fork, make the frame pop..nice work.

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Commie looks Sick..love the Red lowers on the fork, make the frame pop..nice work.

Thanks, they've knocked it out of the park with this colourway, I reckon. Cool

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
BT180 wrote:
jcritch73 wrote:
Im considering the same order, also coming off a strive. What size strive have you got and what size meta did you order?

I had a medium Strive CF Race. Was right on the border between M and L. I bought the large Meta AM. Arrived this week, but in the workshop at the moment for some upgrades. So happy - the bike will be a weapon.

Meta AM SRAM Edition - First iteration

I am coming from a large CF9 race. I have ordered the large in the meta. Reach is a bit shorter than the strive but everything else seems similar. Looks like you might have got the last sram model in the country as I missed out. Only had the signature or WC model to choose from in large.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
jcritch73 wrote:
I am coming from a large CF9 race. I have ordered the large in the meta. Reach is a bit shorter than the strive but everything else seems similar. Looks like you might have got the last sram model in the country as I missed out. Only had the signature or WC model to choose from in large.

Possibly. I pre-ordered in Feb, then mid-March L was available for a day or 2 then gone. Then came back for a bit then gone again. Who knows, it's worth checking to see if there's more coming in.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
Got my TR 29 built up and on the dirt. Loving it!

First ride 2019

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Got my TR 29 built up and on the dirt. Loving it!

Nice one - they're a very capable bike, even with the shorter travel than the AM

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 1:36 Quote
very nice!

Do you have a full spec?

One of these is on my hit list for the future.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 1:38 Quote
BT180 wrote:
jcritch73 wrote:
Im considering the same order, also coming off a strive. What size strive have you got and what size meta did you order?

I had a medium Strive CF Race. Was right on the border between M and L. I bought the large Meta AM. Arrived this week, but in the workshop at the moment for some upgrades. So happy - the bike will be a weapon.

Meta AM SRAM Edition - First iteration

Are the graphics painted? or decals? can they be removed?

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
very nice!

Do you have a full spec?

One of these is on my hit list for the future.

Wheels: Light bike AM930pro, DT240s , DHF/Aggressor 2.5WT
Suspension: Fox 36 grip2 150mm, Dpx2 210x55 (for 140mm travel)
Drivetrain: Shimano XTR: 12spd, 4-pistons, 180mm rotors, pedals, dropper lever. MT900 cranks w/ AB oval ring
Other Stuff: Transfer Post, Ergon saddle, Enve dh bar, Commencal Alpha 40mm stem, ODi floats


Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
PhoS wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
very nice!

Do you have a full spec?

One of these is on my hit list for the future.

Wheels: Light bike AM930pro, DT240s , DHF/Aggressor 2.5WT
Suspension: Fox 36 grip2 150mm, Dpx2 210x55 (for 140mm travel)
Drivetrain: Shimano XTR: 12spd, 4-pistons, 180mm rotors, pedals, dropper lever. MT900 cranks w/ AB oval ring
Other Stuff: Transfer Post, Ergon saddle, Enve dh bar, Commencal Alpha 40mm stem, ODi floats


Woah, that is a sweet build!

Can I ask what you rode before and why you went with the TR?

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
[Quote="v7fmp"][Quote="PhoS"]
v7fmp wrote:

Can I ask what you rode before and why you went with the TR?

Thanks, I have a V4 Meta AM too. I got along really well with that bike so I was looking to build the same thing but with better pedaling, and a little more reach. I've also never had a 29er but I wasn't interested in 160mm+29", so I went for the TR. I figured it would be more lively for normal trails, but still has progressive enough numbers for aggressive riding.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
One more image of my new meta 29. Pretty stock so far.


Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
[Quote="PhoS"][Quote="v7fmp"]
PhoS wrote:


Thanks, I have a V4 Meta AM too. I got along really well with that bike so I was looking to build the same thing but with better pedaling, and a little more reach. I've also never had a 29er but I wasn't interested in 160mm+29", so I went for the TR. I figured it would be more lively for normal trails, but still has progressive enough numbers for aggressive riding.

makes perfect sense. I really like the AM's but know its too much bike for 95% of the stuff I ride. Its easy to get caught up in the theory that more travel is the right option!

Will be interesting to hear which bike you grab first over the coming months!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009971
Mobile Version of Website