All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
Thanks man, I assumed it would come with the bushings but I guess not. Only the rear. And it fits without play but it does move freely within the eyelet. Is there supposed to be anything else on either side of the bushing? Any seal? The X2 came with some rubber cups inside the eyelets but they need to be removed to install the bushing.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
carter wrote:
Thanks man, I assumed it would come with the bushings but I guess not. Only the rear. And it fits without play but it does move freely within the eyelet. Is there supposed to be anything else on either side of the bushing? Any seal? The X2 came with some rubber cups inside the eyelets but they need to be removed to install the bushing.

Not sure if its helpful but check out the diagrams on Commencal Tech; select your specific bike here.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 2:41 Quote
Hay. Can someone measure the span between main pivot chainstay bearing sockets. Im looking for compatibility of chainstays.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
I’m still really struggling to find a solution to the rear cable issues once I fitted the Ride Alpha chain guide and bash guard.

At the moment I’ve cable tied the cable to the outside of the guide, sitting real close to the chain now though.

Anyone solved it properly?

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
I’m still really struggling to find a solution to the rear cable issues once I fitted the Ride Alpha chain guide and bash guard.

At the moment I’ve cable tied the cable to the outside of the guide, sitting real close to the chain now though.

Some guys used the Oneup Chain and Bash Guard. I heard it worked for them

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 19:19 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Do you really need the chain guide? I used a hack saw to cut off the chain guide and just use the bash guard. Posted a picture on this forum a few weeks ago.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 23:42 Quote
bensmorse wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:

Do you really need the chain guide? I used a hack saw to cut off the chain guide and just use the bash guard. Posted a picture on this forum a few weeks ago.

I don’t really want to hack the guide off as the whole reason for buying a guide and bash was that I wanted both.

It might just have to come off if I keep having issues, I don’t want to buy another one really either. Seems like a really stupid problem to be having haha.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 1:44 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
bensmorse wrote:
Ninj4Bee wrote:

I don’t really want to hack the guide off as the whole reason for buying a guide and bash was that I wanted both.

It might just have to come off if I keep having issues, I don’t want to buy another one really either. Seems like a really stupid problem to be having haha.

I have the Oneup chain guide (without the bash guard) an have no problems with the cable. The cable is still in contact with the inner surface of the guide, but is safely placed in the frame cable guide,so it doesn't move. My chainring is 32 btw.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 4:04 Quote
I've got a One-Up Bash (chainguide & bashguard) and have no issues with it. The cable just sits tight behind the guard. I recently stripped the bike to change frame bearings, and checked the cable and there is no wear on the housing.
I don't understand why so many people have had difficulty fitting a One Up. Did they change the design?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
Sorry if this has been covered in this thread already, haven’t read it from the beginning. But is anyone having the heel rub issues that I’ve heard about in a few reviews? If so, how bad is it actually? I have size 13 shoes, and am wondering if it’s be worse for me on the Meta AM.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 12:11 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered in this thread already, haven’t read it from the beginning. But is anyone having the heel rub issues that I’ve heard about in a few reviews? If so, how bad is it actually? I have size 13 shoes, and am wondering if it’s be worse for me on the Meta AM.

I wear a size 10 and its literally no problem at all. (for me)

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 13:29 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:

Size 11 shoes - never found heel rub to cause me any problem. It's always mentioned in reviews of Metas. My old 2012 had a nice shiny bare metal patch on the right chainstay. My 2019 AM29 has a one on the top of the right seat stay which I assume is from my right knee/shin pad - I never notice the rub when I'm riding. Guitar manufacturers would call this "roadworn" and charge extra for it.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:

For me it's my calf hitting the linkage area. More so when I ride flats. If I clip in I just seem to miss on Mallet DH's with the wider Q factor.

So it's a small issue but not a game changer. My heels never clip the chainstay however.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:

Duck footed bloke with size 13 shoes and moderately large calves here

Demo'd both the TR and the AM a couple of weeks ago, didn't notice interference with my shoes to the chain stay, however did notice my calves rubbing on the seat stays intermittently, but it wasn't annoying, just a reminder they were still there!

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
Finally pulled the trigger on my 3rd Commencal, first two were Meta AM 27.5's, one large, then found I needed an XL. After that, rode a Kona Process 153 CRDL, then a 2020 Tallboy. The Tallboy made me fall in love with 29er's, I will only go back to a 650b if I build a DH rig. But the Tallboy had some quirks, BB height was extremely low and the shock selection was incredibly limited. Super poppy bike that loved fast, smooth trails. It could do some chundery stuff, but overall I was missing travel (something my previous bikes had in spades).

I've got to say, after a few pedals around the neighborhood, I know I made the right decision to get back into a Meta. Super reliable bikes, easy to service, no fear of cracking the frame if I lay it down.

PS: those with heel and calf issues on seat/chain stays, try a wider pedal (OneUp)! More than likely you are riding on a pedal with a width too small. A larger platform will allow you to change foot position while maintaining grip and avoid those stays.

Spec:
2019 Meta AM 29 XL
Race Face turbine stem (40mm if I recall)
OneUp carbon bars, 800mm, 20mm rise
Grips....changes for diff weather, Death Grips, ODI's, Shimano Pro foams...
KS Lev Integra 175mm dropper
Hope seat post clamp
Wolf Tooth dropper lever
Super Deluxe Ultimate (have SD Coil as well)
Lyrik Ultimate
XTR 9000 drivetrain, 30t chainring, 170mm cranks (yeah, "old school", LOL)
Sram X01 10-42 cassette
KMC chain
OneUp chain guide/bash guard
XTR 9020 trail brakes
TRP two-piece rotors (203/180)
Stans Sentry MK3 rims, Sapim spokes, Factor 120 POE hubs.
Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR 2.5", tubeless

*Have a set of NOBL TR38's in the mail with the new i9 101 hubs. Ran NOBL's on all prior bikes without a single issue. The alloy Stan's/Factor wheelset I built has been faultless, but you simply can't replace the feel of a carbon wheelset.*
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018804
Mobile Version of Website