All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 18:33 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
irahudgin wrote:
To go to coil or nah? Wondering what the thoughts are about a coil vs. air suspension on the meta AM - right now I am running air and maybe feel like I miss my previous bikes more linear suspension. Also for the record I am a pretty light rider, don't know what that changes for it but thought I would mention

I’m also considering it, also a light rider at 72kg so I would be pretty interested to see what people come back with.

Ive ridden a coil on my 27 and it was amazing. I cant say for the AM29 tho. I can't imagine it is all that different.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
I put a coil shock with a Cane Creek Valt progressive spring on my 2020 MetaAM 29 and it's unbelievable! So much traction, more pop than my previous air-shocked bike, feels bottomless (maybe thanks to the progressive spring) and small-bump compliance is crazy.

I haven't tried one with an air shock, but in my experience it unlocks its full potential with a coil.

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 at 21:55 Quote
mguim wrote:
I put a coil shock with a Cane Creek Valt progressive spring on my 2020 MetaAM 29 and it's unbelievable! So much traction, more pop than my previous air-shocked bike, feels bottomless (maybe thanks to the progressive spring) and small-bump compliance is crazy.

I haven't tried one with an air shock, but in my experience it unlocks its full potential with a coil.

It seems undeniable how the meta performs better with a coil however I guess I am a little curious about the pedalling performance. Do you lock it out all the time?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
It’s hard to imagine the Meta AM 29 having any more traction than with the Super Deluxe Ultimate. I may have to give a coil a try one day. I’ve always been a bit worried at my body weight (225lbs) that I would have to run a super stiff spring and not reap the benefits of a coil.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 6:57 Quote
Ccouch5859 wrote:
It’s hard to imagine the Meta AM 29 having any more traction than with the Super Deluxe Ultimate. I may have to give a coil a try one day. I’ve always been a bit worried at my body weight (225lbs) that I would have to run a super stiff spring and not reap the benefits of a coil.
Same here.. hovering around 220lbs in the morning and around 230lbs in full kit makes me wonder what spring I'd have to get haha 650lbs?

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 19:30 Quote
Hey I just got my Meta AM 29 and I wonder what pressure you guys ride in the shock. I got the new DPX2 and tried around 200 PSI today with the biggest spacer 0.8
Sag looks like 20ish% it feels good but I would like to compare and get some input.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
Properly measure your sag, "ish" isn't going to get you anywhere.. After you adjust and measure, ride and repeat until you find the setting you like best.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 21:02 Quote
Finally got my Meta upgraded.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 22:41 Quote
joshbaribeau wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:
Same here.. hovering around 220lbs in the morning and around 230lbs in full kit makes me wonder what spring I'd have to get haha 650lbs?

nah I'm a big lad too, same weight and 500-550 is fine. Linkage is approx 21% progressive so it's fine for a coil. I found the cane creek progressive spring too progressive actually (500-610lb)

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
b1ackstar187 wrote:
Finally got my Meta upgraded.[/PI]

Looks sick, tires reversed? MM is a way better front than a HD.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 6:56 Quote
irahudgin wrote:
It seems undeniable how the meta performs better with a coil however I guess I am a little curious about the pedalling performance. Do you lock it out all the time?

I have a DVO Jade X which can be locked out almost like a hardtail, but I tried it for like 10 meters and put it back fully open. I just don't mind the suspension movement it seems. I had a 120mm trail bike with an air shock for the last 2 seasons and the Meta climbs so much better, even weighing 37.6 lbs ! ????

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 11:19 Quote
Anyone tried fidlocks 590ml or 600ml bottle on the 2020 meta tr frame?

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
Snaussen wrote:

590 works but you might have to use something like the wolf tooth b-rad to make up for a little space depending on your shock.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 1:46 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Snaussen wrote:

590 works but you might have to use something like the wolf tooth b-rad to make up for a little space depending on your shock.

Thanks, Will order and try it out without b-rad first then. Have my old fabric 600 on now but it hits the piggyback everytime i take it out and a pain to put back in.
Had more clearence on the meta v4.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 9:22 Quote
PhoS wrote:
b1ackstar187 wrote:
Finally got my Meta upgraded.[/PI]

Looks sick, tires reversed? MM is a way better front than a HD.

Yeah i noticed that and swapped them back

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006877
Mobile Version of Website