All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
I ordered mine in January for early March, which was delayed to late March and then May 24th due to the wrong shipment coming in (from Asia?), but they ended up shipping a few days before the 24th and I had it within a few days after shipment. So if yours is in stock it should be no problem.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
BT180 wrote:
PhoS wrote:
The Lezyne side load bottle cages are pretty ideal for the Meta. Hard to beat the price too.

Thanks, will check them out.
Based on this I ordered the Lezyne FLow, but I don't feel like it's that good, it holds/squashes the bottle awkwardly so I have changed to the Specialized Zee. It's more expensive (€8 vs €20), but it's way better and it's not like it's that much money compared to what the bike costs Wink

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 10:32 Quote
Jenstin wrote:
I ordered mine in January for early March, which was delayed to late March and then May 24th due to the wrong shipment coming in (from Asia?), but they ended up shipping a few days before the 24th and I had it within a few days after shipment. So if yours is in stock it should be no problem.

Thanks for the info. I’m checking my mails way too often in hope for updates lol

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
Jenstin wrote:
BT180 wrote:
PhoS wrote:
The Lezyne side load bottle cages are pretty ideal for the Meta. Hard to beat the price too.

Thanks, will check them out.
Based on this I ordered the Lezyne FLow, but I don't feel like it's that good, it holds/squashes the bottle awkwardly so I have changed to the Specialized Zee. It's more expensive (€8 vs €20), but it's way better and it's not like it's that much money compared to what the bike costs Wink

I've been running them with regular purist bottles since 2012ish, haven't lost a bottle yet.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
It definitely holds the bottle secure. I don't know if the design has changed over the years, but I felt I always had to pay extra attention when putting my bottle back to make sure it was all the way in (using a Camelbak Podium bottle).

I find the Zee easier when putting the bottle back, but that might be personal preference.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
So my TR 29 Essential showed up today, i set it up and have only ridden it around work a bit.. i'm 5'10" 32" inseam. guys at Commencal told me to go large although i was leaning medium... I feel way stretched out on this thing with a lot of weight on my arms. Was just curious if you think it's just me not being used to a 29 and this bike yet? or bad advice..

Also... FU commencal for dropping the price $200 hours after i bought mine... (a little pissed at that)

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
Got this beauty today:

Ground was pretty grippy, weather was nice and my legs now consist of 90% mosquito bites.

I’ve ridden my previous bike for over 4 years, got used to it and had it pretty dialed in. But man, I’ve never immediately felt so at home on a mountainbike. Climbing is a lot more comfortable with the steeper seat tube angle, and I don’t really get all the complaints about the weight. No, I haven’t ridden a Ripmo or so for comparison but I have zero complaints towards the meta.

The bike wants to be fast, and it’s so much fun. Never thought I’d ride a twentyniner anytime soon but I guess here I am.

Also, I got quite a few comments from other bikers about how dope the frame looks. That raw alu is just something you can’t really capture in a pic.

I think I’m gonna enjoy this thing for a long time.

(Sorry for shitty phone quality and not lining up the Schwalbe logo on the tires horizontally)

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
Got mine today also.. i was riding a cannondale super-v 1000.. At first i didn't like this much just cause it's so different but i hit the trails tonight and the thing climbs amazingly well (to me) and i don't feel like i'm gonna die when i do rougher downhills Smile so... not bad so far

P.S. of course i forgot to take a pic out on the trails.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
I wanted the raw alum.. i am liking the sand color i person more than their pics.. although i already put a mark in it.. so i got that out of the way Smile

Upduro wrote:
Got this beauty today:

Ground was pretty grippy, weather was nice and my legs now consist of 90% mosquito bites.

I’ve ridden my previous bike for over 4 years, got used to it and had it pretty dialed in. But man, I’ve never immediately felt so at home on a mountainbike. Climbing is a lot more comfortable with the steeper seat tube angle, and I don’t really get all the complaints about the weight. No, I haven’t ridden a Ripmo or so for comparison but I have zero complaints towards the meta.

The bike wants to be fast, and it’s so much fun. Never thought I’d ride a twentyniner anytime soon but I guess here I am.

Also, I got quite a few comments from other bikers about how dope the frame looks. That raw alu is just something you can’t really capture in a pic.

I think I’m gonna enjoy this thing for a long time.

(Sorry for shitty phone quality and not lining up the Schwalbe logo on the tires horizontally)

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
Damn... need one in my life.

Can't decide on the spec though. Love the brushed finish which narrows it down. But AM with DPX2 or TR with DPS.... i just don't know?! Have a 2012 Meta AM with basic 32 Float fork and shock so 150mm back and front.....

Any advice on which is better. I'm thinking TR for UK based trails, tighter and not so big mountain, but then the piggy back looks ace on the rear.... but the DPS would make a bottle easier to store. Is there much difference in the shocks?

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
If you're 50/50 Pedal/Descending get the TR.
If you're shuttling/bike park, or riding bigger stuff get the AM.

That said, coming from the v4 AM, I don't ever miss the extra travel when riding the TR on the same trails.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
Proud new owner of this beautiful Meta AM 29. Took it to the local DH park to break it in. Quick question: Does anyone else's mud flap rub on their tire at/near bottom out? I had no qualms trimming mine, but it seems like an odd oversight for a brand new bike.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
lbro23 wrote:
[/PI]
Proud new owner of this beautiful Meta AM 29. Took it to the local DH park to break it in. Quick question: Does anyone else's mud flap rub on their tire at/near bottom out? I had no qualms trimming mine, but it seems like an odd oversight for a brand new bike.

Mine did with 2.5WT aggressor. Pretty easy to trim with some scissors. What kind of truck is that in the background? I see FJ wheels but doesnt look anything like an FJ otherwise?

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Mine did with 2.5WT aggressor. Pretty easy to trim with some scissors. What kind of truck is that in the background? I see FJ wheels but doesnt look anything like an FJ otherwise?

Good to hear, same tire on mine that was doing it. They must've reused the fender from a parts bin, or designed it around the 2.3ish tires that were fashionable beforehand. The truck is a 4Runner with an aftermarket bumper. The 4R Trail Edition came with those wheels for a few model years.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
lbro23 wrote:
PhoS wrote:

Good to hear, same tire on mine that was doing it. They must've reused the fender from a parts bin, or designed it around the 2.3ish tires that were fashionable beforehand. The truck is a 4Runner with an aftermarket bumper. The 4R Trail Edition came with those wheels for a few model years.

Ah! I guess I never noticed those were that boxy back there. The close fitting bumper makes it looks super square. Beer

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015011
Mobile Version of Website