All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 23:06 Quote

Shiny new 2020 Commencal meta am 29 Team

Suggestions for fork and shock settings?

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
Anyone been riding a TR 29 with 140mm out back and 160mm up front?
Seems like the 160/70 of the AM is just a lot

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
Cgagnon7 wrote:
Anyone been riding a TR 29 with 140mm out back and 160mm up front?
Seems like the 160/70 of the AM is just a lot

TR on the website only comes in 150/130 though, not 160/140. Sure you can overfork it, but not sure if you can change the rear travel. If you think 150/130 is not enough, just get the AM. Sure it’s a lot of travel but I haven’t had any problems pedaling, and I can’t think of any big downsides to more squish.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Cgagnon7 wrote:
Anyone been riding a TR 29 with 140mm out back and 160mm up front?
Seems like the 160/70 of the AM is just a lot

TR on the website only comes in 150/130 though, not 160/140. Sure you can overfork it, but not sure if you can change the rear travel. If you think 150/130 is not enough, just get the AM. Sure it’s a lot of travel but I haven’t had any problems pedaling, and I can’t think of any big downsides to more squish.

You get a little more travel with a 55mm stroke shock. I've been running one from day 1 no problem.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
wizard604 wrote:

Shiny new 2020 Commencal meta am 29 Team

Suggestions for fork and shock settings?

Hows it ride? Does it feel as heavy as it actually is? Have you had any problems hitting your calves on the chainstays?

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
How much are these things weighing in at? Are the weights on the website accurate? Just curious, possibly looking at one of these.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 22:53 Quote
tccrawfo wrote:
How much are these things weighing in at? Are the weights on the website accurate? Just curious, possibly looking at one of these.

My Meta AM29 Essential weighs 15,9 kg. XL frame with pedals.

I do not notice the weight while riding. Actually it feels more lively than my 2017 Giant Reign, mainly because of the suspension kinematics.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 23:04 Quote
I weighed mine a few weeks ago, AM29 XL ready to ride (without water bottle) and it came in at 16.5 kg.

It obviously doesn't climb as well as my Canyon Neuron which is about 3 kg lighter, but that's also due to the geometry. On fire roads the weight doesn't bother me at all.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 0:41 Quote
Could anyone reply with some XL Meta 29" pictures, from different angles, preferably, i would appreciate it very much... Thanks!

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
DodoTEBRa wrote:
Could anyone reply with some XL Meta 29" pictures, from different angles, preferably, i would appreciate it very much... Thanks!

You have images in this thread ...

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
tccrawfo wrote:
How much are these things weighing in at? Are the weights on the website accurate? Just curious, possibly looking at one of these.

My TR is 32lbs, you could probably build up an AM to sub 34 without sacrificing strength.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
PeaFunk wrote:
DodoTEBRa wrote:
Could anyone reply with some XL Meta 29" pictures, from different angles, preferably, i would appreciate it very much... Thanks!

You have images in this thread ...
Yes, i saw, but only one, and not from too helpful angle... If somebody had from the side, i would really appreciate it

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
Has anyone seen this yet,

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-29-xx-edition-c2x29150770

apart from the Lyrik not being red, it may be the perfect bike, and the price is amazing to!

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
jamesstewart732 wrote:
Has anyone seen this yet,

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-29-xx-edition-c2x29150770

apart from the Lyrik not being red, it may be the perfect bike, and the price is amazing to!

Nah the perfect bike is this: https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-29-wc-c2x27239654

I'd buy this so quick if the US still had some in stock

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
Habaden wrote:
jamesstewart732 wrote:
Has anyone seen this yet,

https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-29-xx-edition-c2x29150770

apart from the Lyrik not being red, it may be the perfect bike, and the price is amazing to!

Nah the perfect bike is this: https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/meta-am-29-wc-c2x27239654

I'd buy this so quick if the US still had some in stock

I had not seen these were still in stock, how tempting!!!

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012401
Mobile Version of Website