All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 10:54 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Spangle123 wrote:
dirtrider121 wrote:
Hey, I've just ordered a meta tr 2021. What's the recommendation on air or coil shock?

Also when ordering the shock, is there anything specific I need or will it fit right in?

Also, I've ordered a size large, I'm about 5"11, will I get away with a 210mm dropper?

I'm building one i bought frame only. I've got a super deluxe coil and you need to buy the hardware just for the front fitting. Its 20 x 10. Same as this one https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/ride-alpha-hardware-20-x-10-c2x19999500. I got mine from offset bushings though, was only £10.

I'm also on a large and ive ordered a oneup 210mm. According to their calculator it will fit a 210 dropper with a 10mm shim for my height.

Ah mate, that's great to know, I can't work out how to use the one-up calculator without already having the bike built.

What headset and BB have you ordered for yours?

Headset was a hope pick n mix zs56/40 (type E) bottom cup and I got a superstar top cup. I would have got hope but they're sold out everywhere. The only seat collar i could find in stock was the superstar one but its not very good. It looks too thin, i'm holding out for the hope one to come back in stock somewhere.

BB was the shimano XT press fit one. SM-BB94-41A

I used the saddle to BB dimension on my old bike to guestimate where i'd want the saddle on the new bike. I just measured the seat post insertion length with a tape measure down to the pivot bolt through the frame.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 22:50 Quote
Checking out the 2021 am 29 ride, looks solid for 2700 with the exception of the 2 piston deore brakes. Curious how these would compare with the guide re's on the base capra / nukeproof mega expert? What makes the am ride worth $300 more over a base Capra, seems like the fork is the only real upgrade, different geo (steeper tube looks nice), worse brakes from what I've read, and heavier.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
hi there, this is more shoot in the dark but do you think there is a chance of meta mullet? any infos?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 5:25 Quote
brentwhipple wrote:
Checking out the 2021 am 29 ride, looks solid for 2700 with the exception of the 2 piston deore brakes. Curious how these would compare with the guide re's on the base capra / nukeproof mega expert? What makes the am ride worth $300 more over a base Capra, seems like the fork is the only real upgrade, different geo (steeper tube looks nice), worse brakes from what I've read, and heavier.

From what I gather the Meta doesn't Bob and wallow into its travel how a capra does. Seems to be more of a big travel bike that you can pedal with more efficiency than a capra. I received my Meta ride edition earlier in the week and it definitely rides nicely with very little bobbing. It is heavy but I can still bunny hop a three stair and I don't mind the extra weight for what I like to do.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 5:29 Quote
ViiiLu wrote:
hi there, this is more shoot in the dark but do you think there is a chance of meta mullet? any infos?

There's an aussie company that have made a link for it I think

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
ViiiLu wrote:

https://www.williamsracingproducts.com/

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 10:48 Quote
From what I gather the Meta doesn't Bob and wallow into its travel how a capra does. Seems to be more of a big travel bike that you can pedal with more efficiency than a capra. I received my Meta ride edition earlier in the week and it definitely rides nicely with very little bobbing. It is heavy but I can still bunny hop a three stair and I don't mind the extra weight for what I like to do.[/Quote]

Good to know! Definitely is the better pedaler with that seat tube angle as well. Wish the base capra came with a rear lockout, maybe the 2021

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005188
Mobile Version of Website