All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
Odiguer wrote:
Any shorter riders have tried the 2021 AM in size small?
I'm 5'5" and I'm worried about the bike's length / reach numbers. Quite hard to find ride impressions from shorter riders I find. I've read that it's a bit of work to keep the front end from washing out, any thoughts on that front?

It really depends on your riding style and how aggressive your attack position is. I'm 5'5" and feel cramped on my enduro and gambler which are both around 427 reach. I tried a medium 2019 meta 29 which is almost the same size as the 2021 small and it felt perfect. I thought it would be too long but it was easy enough to handle and the longer reach and wheelbase was nice and stable. The only issue I had was the rear tire hitting my butt. Try one out and see how you like it.

Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Great suggestion!

I just man-handled mine through and it was frustrating and took a while. I came up from the front, and somehow looping about 5” of housing out through the dt hole under the skid plate was involved.

I’m not looking forward to doing again!

mikaeljc wrote:
I had the same problem but managed to solve it. I used a small magnet with a hole in that I tired to a string. Then I routed the magnet from the outside using a strong magnet. Starting from the head tube going down. Once I had a string going through the frame I tied it to the cable and pulled/pushed it through.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2020 at 22:10 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
Finally got round to building my TR. How the f*** do you route the dropper cable. It's like a 90 elbow bend at the BB inside the seat tube. I spent about an hour trying today and got so frustrated I could have thrown the frame through the window.

I tried from the hole under the frame into the seat tube but I just hit a deadstop, the cable outer is just too stiff to get round. Going from the seat post down I can see the cable through the tiny hole and I can poke it with a tiny Allen key but there is no way to get any leverage on it to bend it round.

I genuinely can't see how its possible.

I managed to do it by taken only the inner cable without the outer and going through the hole in the bottom. When i got the inner cable through after some trying i slid on the outer housing from the seatpost and had the inner cable as steerer. Worked good for me

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 2:19 Quote
Has anyone tried fitting the fidlock 590/600 on the 2020 meta am in medium?

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 2:47 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
Finally got round to building my TR. How the f*** do you route the dropper cable. It's like a 90 elbow bend at the BB inside the seat tube. I spent about an hour trying today and got so frustrated I could have thrown the frame through the window.

I tried from the hole under the frame into the seat tube but I just hit a deadstop, the cable outer is just too stiff to get round. Going from the seat post down I can see the cable through the tiny hole and I can poke it with a tiny Allen key but there is no way to get any leverage on it to bend it round.

I genuinely can't see how its possible.

I started from the bottom bracket (i.e. both ends there, not from the seat tube or head tube), and the only tool I used was a curved pick.

I pushed one end from the hole near the bottom bracket up into the seat tube, then the other end towards the head tube.
I used the curved pick to pull the head tube end out from one of the exit ports.
This created a loop outside the bottom bracket, which only required pulling the ends tight.

I do think its basically impossible to get the housing up into the seat tube without having a loop, or the cable near vertical.

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
I sorted the cable routing eventually. I just bit the bullet and paid for the park tool kit. Worked within 5 mins. It is good that kit.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 6:40 Quote
Got mine built up and rode Saturday on it. A lot of it is from my old trek Slash that I slowly upgraded.

Pretty much my ideal build:
Meta tr large
Lyrik ultimate 160mm
Rs super deluxe
Xt drivetrain
Stan's flows on hope tech4
Code rec'd
One-up V2 dropper
Renthal bars
Mondraker 32mm stem
Nukeproof Sam hill enduro pedals
Fabric seat

photo

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Got mine built up and rode Saturday on it. A lot of it is from my old trek Slash that I slowly upgraded.

Pretty much my ideal build:
Meta tr large
Lyrik ultimate 160mm
Rs super deluxe
Xt drivetrain
Stan's flows on hope tech4
Code rec'd
One-up V2 dropper
Renthal bars
Mondraker 32mm stem
Nukeproof Sam hill enduro pedals
Fabric seat

photo

Very nice! This is pretty much my exact build as well. I've got hunt trail wide wheels and a super deluxe coil but other than near enough the same. Out of interest what length drop did you go for on the oneup and how tall are you? I went for the 210 and will shim it down to 190 but i'm slightly nervous i've gone too long. I'm 6ft.

Also what bottle cage is that and did you mount on the standard mounts? I've seen a lot of chat about people dropping it down with the wolftooth B-rad adapter to avoid the bottle clashing with the piggy back.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 9:20 Quote
I'll likely be trying a coil as well, managed to buy the air shock 2nd hand so didn't cost me too much.

I'm 5"11 and went 180mm, but haven't shimmed and also there is a bit of post sticking out, think you'll be fine.

Bottle cage is a side load specialized one. Had it for years. Bottle is close to the piggy back but it's okay. Assume on a medium or small there wouldn't be space. Unsure if it'll fit with the coil. Keen to hear what yours rides like with the coil fitted.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
Hey! So I just bit the bullet and ordered a 2021 meta am 29 frame And am starting to order the build. I’m curious how the frame would work with a 230x65mm shock? I currently have a clash and have both air and coil shocks for it, and ideally would like to use one of them on this new frame.
Would anyone know if the frame is going to come into contact if I were to slightly over shock it?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
Hey! So I just bit the bullet and ordered a 2021 meta am 29 frame And am starting to order the build. I’m curious how the frame would work with a 230x65mm shock? I currently have a clash and have both air and coil shocks for it, and ideally would like to use one of them on this new frame.
Would anyone know if the frame is going to come into contact if I were to slightly over shock it?

See page 47 and post by CaMKii who had a picture showing clearance. Looks possible.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
It's also very common and probably cheap for a suspension shop to add a travel-reducing spacer next time you get it serviced.

ryan198232 wrote:

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
rpet wrote:
It's also very common and probably cheap for a suspension shop to add a travel-reducing spacer next time you get it serviced.

ryan198232 wrote:

For sure,I actually added a spacer to shorten the travel for a devinci Troy in the past, I just wasn’t sure if the longer stroke shock would work since it’s only a 2.5mm difference in stroke

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

Please poste here if it works (or if it does not). I´m thinking of the same thing.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
Would anyone know what tine shock the 2021 meta am comes with?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014496
Mobile Version of Website