All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Does anyone ride Meta TR 29 with coil shock? What is the best shock option for riding trails/parks/jump sessions in wood with following ration 60/30/10. Or I'd be better to go with Meta AM 29 instead?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
severniy wrote:
Does anyone ride Meta TR 29 with coil shock? What is the best shock option for riding trails/parks/jump sessions in wood with following ration 60/30/10. Or I'd be better to go with Meta AM 29 instead?

The DPX2 works great, never even thought about wanting a coil to be honest.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
AM 29 riders, anyone using a angleheadset at all? Looking at the XL but would like a 65 or 65.5 not a 66 HA

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 2:09 Quote
Finally got into the 29er club and still have it in the stand just sorting the final touches and have run into a problem that I can't see around.
Any of you guys running a chain guide on your bikes?
What brand is it? Mine can't possibly mount with the shifter cable running where it is. Any solutions?

FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 4:44 Quote
irishkiwimadman wrote:
Finally got into the 29er club and still have it in the stand just sorting the final touches and have run into a problem that I can't see around.
What brand is it? Mine can't possibly mount with the shifter cable running where it is. Any solutions?

That's indeed tricky, I'm running the OneUp Bash Guide, the cable fits just between the guide and the frame.

FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
AM 29 riders, anyone using a angleheadset at all? Looking at the XL but would like a 65 or 65.5 not a 66 HA

I went from a 65 Slash, to the 66 AM. The difference is not noticeable. The speed you can carry and stability of the AM is wild, compared to the Slash.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Jenstin wrote:
irishkiwimadman wrote:

That's indeed tricky, I'm running the OneUp Bash Guide, the cable fits just between the guide and the frame.

I have the absolute black guide and I just can't se to make it fit without really pushing the cable against the pivot so much so that it'll eventually wear through the cable.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
Jenstin wrote:
irishkiwimadman wrote:

Any chance you could take a picture? I’m also running the OneUp but I had to put the cable below the clamp because it wouldn’t fit. Wrapped a ton of electrical tape around it to protect against wear and so far it’s been holding up. Far from ideal of course, so I wouldn’t mind to change my guide for something that works better.

FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Any chance you could take a picture? I’m also running the OneUp but I had to put the cable below the clamp because it wouldn’t fit. Wrapped a ton of electrical tape around it to protect against wear and so far it’s been holding up. Far from ideal of course, so I wouldn’t mind to change my guide for something that works better.

It's tight, but it fits (don't mind the not-so-clean chain):
OneUp Bash Guide and dirty chain... on Meta 29

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
https://www.commencalcanada.com/Mobile/ride-alpha-enduro-chain-guide-bash-guard-c2x27335122

This is the one I run.. fits perfectly and lots of room and clearance for shifter cable

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
timeforaride wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:

I went from a 65 Slash, to the 66 AM. The difference is not noticeable. The speed you can carry and stability of the AM is wild, compared to the Slash.

Did you notice much weight difference riding, my Slash is sub 31lb

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 19:15 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
timeforaride wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:

I passed from a 2017 29.5 Lbs slayer to a meta 34 lbs and i noticed a litte bit during uphill, but after a couple ride i don't notice anymore, i climb at same time than before, maybe a little bit faster because i switched 27 to 29

FL
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
timeforaride wrote:
enduroFactory wrote:

The Slash was probably 34lb. The AM is 35+. Going to the XL 29, from an XL 275, the fit/upright riding position of the 29, with the 170mm fork, just fits me better. I don't notice the weight even with running Assegai (EXO+) front and rear.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
This past weekend, after riding in the rain and mud for a couple hours, I noticed a small about of purple grease coming out of the bearing on the non-drivetrain side of the central pivot on the downtube (see attached drive-side photo of said pivot). Should I be worried? My best guess would be that water got inside and displaced some of the grease.

I checked the tension on the pivot bolt -- it was snug but not tight -- probably a bit under the recommended 15nm, though definitely not loose. So I snugged that up a bit.

More generally, anyone have any links to instructions on servicing / replacing pivot bearings on Commencal bikes? Any one have issues with the suspension pivots on the newer Meta's? Things to check on a regular basis?

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029097
Mobile Version of Website