All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
[Quote="oldnw"]
dirtrider121 wrote:
Right, just had an email from commencal as follows:

For the Meta TR 2021 we recommend low/low for a rock Shox coil shock.

On Meta TR we are using RS SDLX with LL setting. Light Rebound / Light Compression

So the shock tune, on a full build, comes in L/L on both coil and air!

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:32 Quote
I was told to get a medium tune for a 2021 AM by CommencalUSA.

FWIW, I bought a stock Ohlins TTX22M coil in 60 stroke to short shock the bike. It works great, though I have to run the Rebound knob nearly closed.
But, that is a known issue with the TTX22M and nothing to do with the Meta: a light rebound tune is normal on this Ohlins and easy remedied by a tuner, if needed.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
I am a lighter guy and ride “light” if you know what I mean. Don’t really plow through everything, kinda more finesse,I guess. So, I am gonna try the L tune a bit more and see how it works out.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
hansurf wrote:
I was told, that the shock has l/lc and the one i got delivered with the frame has this tune and is packed with 3 spacers. Speaking about rockshox superdeluxe air.
Well, forgot to mention that I‘m on a 2021 Meta AM and also got that information for the AM. Commencal Europe

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 0:53 Quote
dirtrider121 wrote:
Right, just had an email from commencal as follows:

For the Meta TR 2021 we recommend low/low for a rock Shox coil shock.

On Meta TR we are using RS SDLX with LL setting. Light Rebound / Light Compression

So the shock tune, on a full build, comes in L/L on both coil and air!

Thanks for doing the legwork mate. That's really useful to know.

Do you know if there's a way of identifying which shock tune you've got on the shock? I bought my RS superdeluxe second hand. I can't see any codes printed on it.

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 3:21 Quote

that's where it is on the super deluxe air. Mine shows ML, which i think is medium rebound and light compression. Both seem light to me!

I'm ordering the coil super deluxe today so hopefully will have in a few weeks and will see from there.

Have you ridden yours yet? Interested to hear feedback on the coil

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 9:44 Quote
[posted as separate topic but figured I'd post here too]

Anyone running a longer stroke shock on their 2021 Meta AM 29er? The stock shock sizing is 230 x 62.5 but Rockshox metric shocks are the same physical size with the only variable being travel reducing spacers (not volume spacers). So, the 230 x 65 shock would be the same as the stock 230 x 62.5 shock with only the 2.5mm travel spacer removed.

Anyone running 230 x 65? If so, any issues with tire clearance?

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 13:33 Quote
Deliveries keep getting extended, colour finishes changing overtime on website...all while many thousands have been paid months ago for an elusive bike...all while not getting any updates from them. Commencal really are dropping the ball this year aren't they ?

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 14:32 Quote
shorelocal wrote:

Anyone running a longer stroke shock on their 2021 Meta AM 29er? The stock shock sizing is 230 x 62.5 but Rockshox metric shocks are the same physical size with the only variable being travel reducing spacers (not volume spacers). So, the 230 x 65 shock would be the same as the stock 230 x 62.5 shock with only the 2.5mm travel spacer removed.

I’ve got a 65mm X2 on mine, still has about 2-3cm of clearance from the back of the seat tube at full compression.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 14:33 Quote
dscpat wrote:
Deliveries keep getting extended, colour finishes changing overtime on website...all while many thousands have been paid months ago for an elusive bike...all while not getting any updates from them. Commencal really are dropping the ball this year aren't they ?

I got weekly updates on my frame right up until it shipped out. One thing worth looking at is their reply’s always got sent to my junk mail instead of my regular inbox.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:12 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:

I got weekly updates on my frame right up until it shipped out. One thing worth looking at is their reply’s always got sent to my junk mail instead of my regular inbox.

That's strange, I ordered my bike in Sept and haven't received a single update. I've checked my junk mail as well. I received an order confirmation but nothing since then.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:25 Quote
I feel like I over exaggerate, so sorry for that. I know supply chains are bad these months...but man never have i ever been treated this carelessly after sending this much money to a company

If you need a snowboard or a backpack tho...they'll be happy to help !

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 16:19 Quote
I preordered my frame and called to check on the status once and they were great to deal with. The frame was delivered a week before the original availability date aswell.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
shorelocal wrote:

Did your bike come with a 62.5 stroke shock?
I’ve got a 65mm X2 on mine, still has about 2-3cm of clearance from the back of the seat tube at full compression.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
oldnw wrote:
Did your bike come with a 62.5 stroke shock?.
Stock spec is 230x62.5

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006853
Mobile Version of Website