All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 17:42 Quote
No I got the frame only and ordered the shock separate. I’m going to lower the travel down eventually but for now it doesn’t seem to cause any issues.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
dscpat wrote:
Deliveries keep getting extended, colour finishes changing overtime on website...all while many thousands have been paid months ago for an elusive bike...all while not getting any updates from them. Commencal really are dropping the ball this year aren't they ?

November 2021 for a small meta AM in the ohlins build. Still undecided if I want to order a bike that's gonna ship in a year. I'm also worried if I don't do it then the wait for a new bike could be 2 years or more.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 22:46 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
No I got the frame only and ordered the shock separate. I’m going to lower the travel down eventually but for now it doesn’t seem to cause any issues.

Just curious, if it works, why do you want to lower it down?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 2:11 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dscpat wrote:
Deliveries keep getting extended, colour finishes changing overtime on website...all while many thousands have been paid months ago for an elusive bike...all while not getting any updates from them. Commencal really are dropping the ball this year aren't they ?

November 2021 for a small meta AM in the ohlins build. Still undecided if I want to order a bike that's gonna ship in a year. I'm also worried if I don't do it then the wait for a new bike could be 2 years or more.

You'll probably be able to buy a secondhand one by then. I've waited four months and that was only because I wanted a slash and the wait was 8 months that I didn't want to do. The 2022 bikes will be launched by the time your bike arrives.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
dscpat wrote:

Id call and propose only giving a small deposit for sure. Id buy used until then if required !

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 4:56 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

Just curious, if it works, why do you want to lower it down?

I’ve never don’t it before and want to give it a try. I’ll probably leave it until it’s time to rebuild it and do it then.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
mammothmounts wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

I got weekly updates on my frame right up until it shipped out. One thing worth looking at is their reply’s always got sent to my junk mail instead of my regular inbox.

That's strange, I ordered my bike in Sept and haven't received a single update. I've checked my junk mail as well. I received an order confirmation but nothing since then.

Exact same thing for me. Ordered late September with a delivery date of March. No further email or contact from Commencal since the order confirmation.
No news, good news is what I've been telling myself lol

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 8:30 Quote
Gonna try this question again..does anyone know if a OneUp V2 dropper insert length 297mm fully slammed fits in a 2019 Meta AM XL? I measured and its too close to feel confident it will for sure fit. With the stupid 495mm seat tube im trying to run it as low as possible for the downs. Thanks

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 9:02 Quote
jake133 wrote:
Gonna try this question again..does anyone know if a OneUp V2 dropper insert length 297mm fully slammed fits in a 2019 Meta AM XL? I measured and its too close to feel confident it will for sure fit. With the stupid 495mm seat tube im trying to run it as low as possible for the downs. Thanks
What wheel size 29 or 27.5?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
cjeder wrote:
jake133 wrote:

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
dscpat wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
dscpat wrote:

Id call and propose only giving a small deposit for sure. Id buy used until then if required !

Commencal does deposits but only in person at a commencal store. They said I can cancel and get a refund at any time so I may do it.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 at 21:38 Quote
jake133 wrote:
cjeder wrote:
jake133 wrote:

On paper, yes. Some XL Meta 29s that year came with a 175mm Fox Transfer. That fork has a 298.5 mm minimum insertion depth to the bottom of the accuator.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
Thanks. Would be odd to spec a dropper that couldn't be slammed all the way but i wouldn't put it past them. Funny how out dated some of the geo on the bike already seems, 66 head angle and that dang 495 seat tube. Longer seat tube than reach is never a good thing.

Posted: Dec 5, 2020 at 23:51 Quote
Looking at a ride meta am. Comes with a zeb r fork. Seems like a strange option as no compression adjustment. The Tr also comes with a low spec revelation fork. Any thoughts on these models ? Can’t afford the essential level .

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007420
Mobile Version of Website