All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
oldnw wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

Anyone have experience running a TRP or similar brake on the 2021 model? This is about as good as I can get the line routing without having it touch the rotor

You just need a zip tie and can run it on the inside of the rear triangle. I’ll snap a pic of mine. Just put the DHR - evos on it

I ran mine inside and it is close to the rotor but has never touched it. Have about 3 months on my bike and hasn’t been an issue. I thought about the zip tie but don’t see that I need it.
I am running codes though and my banjo bolt is on opposite side as yours. I see your issue. You might have have to run a zip tie in that case.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
I’ve since flipped it to the inside. No zip tie technically needed but I’ll put one on for peace of mind.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 22:39 Quote
Chucked the 38's from my ebike onto the big meta, I thought the purple and orange would look whack but works sort of well. Gone up in spring rate as I've eaten too much over Christmas lol.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Chucked the 38's from my ebike onto the big meta, I thought the purple and orange would look whack but works sort of well. Gone up in spring rate as I've eaten too much over Christmas lol.

I've put on a spring 50lbs too light to make sure that I lose weight after xmas. Keep bottoming out until I'm thinner!

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
Brasher wrote:

Looks awesome! Can't wait for my high polish TR to ship. Hopefully April remains as the actual ship date for the next production run of frames.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
Hi everyone, I don´t know if someone has asked this before so if that is the case, I apologize.

I´m writing from Chile, i just received my new Meta AM 29 Ohlins Edition, size Small, it has a 343lbs spring on it, which I think is to soft.
I´m a experienced rider, I always race at the national championship and I have had the fortune to participate in two EWS events, so definitely 343lbs sound to soft. I weight 73 kg (160lbs) without gear, so with riding gear I think it would be something around 76-77kg (170lbs).

I wanted to know if someone in here has received the same bike and has already tried it, what spring rates are you guys using?

Best regards!

Sebastián

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 12:36 Quote
New bike finally turned up.. as you can imagine very very excited.

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
Wow. I cannot believe how good this looks. Nice pics too...

Congrats on the new bike !

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
timwestwood wrote:
Bike looks sick!!!!

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
timwestwood wrote:
Bike looks sick!!!!

Cheers waiting on new spring to turn up ! So so excited

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:45 Quote

Going BMX style w Maxxis Hookworm to train inside and in the building parking...

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
timwestwood wrote:

Looks awesome!!

Might ba a little biased, but I think the new Metas are probably the nicest looking enduro bikes out this year....

Posted: Jan 25, 2021 at 0:40 Quote
Has anyone run a headset to slacken a 2020 Meta to a head angle of 64 or 64.5 degrees? What was the result?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
CraigdP2016 wrote:
Has anyone run a headset to slacken a 2020 Meta to a head angle of 64 or 64.5 degrees? What was the result?
I've also been wondering the same thing. I think the previous Commencal enduro team was also running -1 degree headsets.

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
BillyBoy0519 wrote:
CraigdP2016 wrote:
I've also been wondering the same thing. I think the previous Commencal enduro team was also running -1 degree headsets.

The XL is 66 degrees so 1.5 - 2 degrees may be perfect if you going down the steeper options.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010115
Mobile Version of Website