All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 7:18 Quote
Anybody know the ral code for the meta in sand? Mine came with a little chip on the top tube, commencal have given me a paint code YS 7339 but it’s Taiwanese so can’t find it anywhere

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 2:26 Quote
Hi. The 2021 Meta Am 29 just shows availability in various sizes and options between July and October (in Europe), anyone have some prediction when Meta Am 29 will be updated for 2022? almost an year have past since the release of the 21 bike and from what I've seen, Commencal usually present new models in June/July, but since as there is a worldwide delay in the cycling industry, the updated model could be postponed(?).

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 4:30 Quote
I can’t really see the meta getting updated besides becoming even more expensive. Maybe GX AXS on a high end model or some new paint jobs but the rest is pretty much up to date on everything.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
cambrela wrote:
Hi. The 2021 Meta Am 29 just shows availability in various sizes and options between July and October (in Europe), anyone have some prediction when Meta Am 29 will be updated for 2022? almost an year have past since the release of the 21 bike and from what I've seen, Commencal usually present new models in June/July, but since as there is a worldwide delay in the cycling industry, the updated model could be postponed(?).

I'm sure I've seen a copy of an email from commencal to someone that said they had no plans on doing a new model this year because of everything going on.

I know TREK have said that if you order a 2021 bike and it is delayed to after they launch the 2022 models they will swap peoples orders to the newer models for free.

There have been new colours of some models added since I bought mine in September last year.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
alexbg wrote:
I'm sure I've seen a copy of an email from commencal to someone that said they had no plans on doing a new model this year because of everything going on.

Thank you ... I didn't know that information. I contacted Commencal some time ago, but they just confirmed that some bikes are unavailable.

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
Upduro wrote:
I can’t really see the meta getting updated besides becoming even more expensive. Maybe GX AXS on a high end model or some new paint jobs but the rest is pretty much up to date on everything.

Thats true...

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 17:26 Quote
I have a rockshox coil on my meta am29 2019 and it pedals pretty good.

Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
Hi there, has anyone tried or considered putting triple clamps of their Meta AM?

Have been considering it and can't see why it wouldn't work.

Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 3:39 Quote
ow29 wrote:
Hi there, has anyone tried or considered putting triple clamps of their Meta AM?

frame isnt rated for dual crowns. You're gonna void the warranty.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
cambrela wrote:
alexbg wrote:

Thank you ... I didn't know that information. I contacted Commencal some time ago, but they just confirmed that some bikes are unavailable.

If I could design a new Meta, well I hope they make it a high pivot mullet. Like a mini Supreme 29-27

Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
aaronlelevier wrote:
cambrela wrote:
alexbg wrote:

If I could design a new Meta, well I hope they make it a high pivot mullet. Like a mini Supreme 29-27

They made the supreme SX, it was an awesome bike but never really took off.

I've been on the search for a XL frame of these for 2 years, can't find one. There was a guy on MTBR forums who turned one into a mullet too.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/commencal-supreme-sx-review.html

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 19:02 Quote
Brasher wrote:
aaronlelevier wrote:
cambrela wrote:

They made the supreme SX, it was an awesome bike but never really took off.

I've been on the search for a XL frame of these for 2 years, can't find one. There was a guy on MTBR forums who turned one into a mullet too.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/commencal-supreme-sx-review.html

That is really awesome! I think that that bike would do good if released today based on how popular HPP now.

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 1:52 Quote
Hi all...

Currently building up a 2019 Meta Am (L) and am looking for crankset options.

Spec calls for a BB92.

I have noticed that the BB that is currently installed (should be stock) has no shell... I assume this is because the frame area around the BB is sealed, so no need for the shell, right?

The bike came with a 2mm spacer for the BB.

Internal diameter of the press fit bearings/cups is roughly 29mm.

I have the Sram luna gx upgrade kit and have been trying to source a crankset that will work with the setup.

Will the sram AM FC XO1 Eagle BB30 work with the setup? Stock is a problem, so have limited options.

Any recommendations?

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 2:03 Quote
BurgerBeef wrote:
Hi all...

Currently building up a 2019 Meta Am (L) and am looking for crankset options.

Spec calls for a BB92.

I have noticed that the BB that is currently installed (should be stock) has no shell... I assume this is because the frame area around the BB is sealed, so no need for the shell, right?

The bike came with a 2mm spacer for the BB.

Internal diameter of the press fit bearings/cups is roughly 29mm.

I have the Sram luna gx upgrade kit and have been trying to source a crankset that will work with the setup.

Will the sram AM FC XO1 Eagle BB30 work with the setup? Stock is a problem, so have limited options.

Any recommendations?

Sounds like you have a DUB BB (28.99mm diameter), so you will need cranks with a DUB spindle. Either that, or change the BB. No shell is required for the 2019 Meta AM29.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 2:45 Quote
Upduro wrote:
ow29 wrote:

frame isnt rated for dual crowns. You're gonna void the warranty.

As I purchased the frame second hand I already have no warranty. I can't see the triple clamp increasing the bending moment so significantly that it would come anywhere near the failure limit of the headtube. There will be a significant factor of safety applied.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013238
Mobile Version of Website