All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 23:47 Quote
edit: wrong thread

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 23:38 Quote
hi there!
exit my 2018 meta v4.2 team, here's my new meta 29 2019...based on an essential model, whith some swaps from my previous rig!
(in bold things that changed from origin, and in italic things that changed since the photo had been taken)

Cadre :META AM 29 2019 160mm Medium
Amortisseur : ROCKSHOX SUPER DELUXE RCT
Fourche : ROCKSHOX LYRIK RC 180mm
JDD : CHRIS KING inset
Potence : RIDE ALPHA, 40mm
Cintre : RIDE ALPHA 780mm
Grips : RIDE ALPHA
Freins : SRAM code RSC 200/180mm
Shifter : SRAM GX eagle matchmaker
Dérailleur : SRAM XX1 eagle
Cassette : SRAM XX1 eagle
Chaine : SRAM X01 eagle
Pédalier : SRAM X01 eagle carbone 170mm / 30t
Jantes : hunt trail wide
Rayons : sandwik triple butted 2.0/1.6/2.0/2.2
Moyeux :hunt/ novatec , EZO bearing, 3° engagment
Tige de selle : KINDSHOCK LEV Si 150mm Southpaw lever.
pneus: schwalbe nobby nic evo addix 2.35/2.25
poids: 15.15kg
extra: funky flower bell

still waiting to have some decent rides to get a feedback on that bike, but sounds good (even if suspension feel waaaay more stiff a the wery beginning of the stroke than my previous meta)

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
2020 Meta TR 29

Fox 36 Fit 4 - 150mm
CaneCreek DBILAir 210x55 - 140mm travel
Anvil Bars
SDG Saddle
Diety Copperhead Stem
Diety TMAC Pedals
Eagle GX
Magura MT5
Race Face Turbine 170mm Dropper
Stans Flow MK3

Beastly going down, goes up just fine. Working on the bigger jumps.

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 1:49 Quote
OK so whats the best chain device (possibly with bashguard) that fits the 2019 AM29 nicely?

I like the MRP Amg V2, anyone running it?

It looks like the gear cable runs right where you want your chain device to sit?

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 3:16 Quote
Ninj4Bee wrote:
OK so whats the best chain device (possibly with bashguard) that fits the 2019 AM29 nicely?

I like the MRP Amg V2, anyone running it?

It looks like the gear cable runs right where you want your chain device to sit?

The OneUp bash works well and seems solid. It's a tight fit with the cable but it does go. You might need to play with different washer sizes between the back plate and the ISCG mounts. Avoid E13 - the quality of their plastics is dire.

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 3:31 Quote
Malky79 wrote:

The OneUp bash works well and seems solid. It's a tight fit with the cable but it does go. You might need to play with different washer sizes between the back plate and the ISCG mounts. Avoid E13 - the quality of their plastics is dire.

I have the OneUp but couldn't get it to work with the cable inside the clamp. Currently have a bunch of layers of tape to prevent rubbing and wear. I heard the RideAlpha works well, might get one in the future. I like the OneUp but I'd rather settle for a long term solution that doesn't involve this kind of f*ckery.

Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 4:43 Quote
Upduro wrote:
Malky79 wrote:

I have the OneUp but couldn't get it to work with the cable inside the clamp. Currently have a bunch of layers of tape to prevent rubbing and wear. I heard the RideAlpha works well, might get one in the future. I like the OneUp but I'd rather settle for a long term solution that doesn't involve this kind of f*ckery.

Thanks both! I’ll try the RideAlpha one then maybe, I don’t really want to risk not having a guide on as you know it will go wrong at the worst possible time (race run). Haha

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
Showdown time:

Super Deluxe Coil vs Fox DPX2 air?

I'm a not-particularly-aggressive rider but 99% of my riding is at a chairlift (nothing much double-black though and I'm not much of a jumper). Is it worth going for the DPX2 for a little more adjustability and better options if I want to go on an occasional all-day trail, or is the performance of the Deluxe coil worth the weight, especially since most of my biking is downwards?

Are coils noticeably more reliable than air? Is the extra weight noticeable? Is the Super Deluxe coil actually a better performer than the DPX2?

I'm coming from a super old bike so have only ever really ridden outdated technology, so any thoughts or input would be hugely appreciated!

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 23:11 Quote
Preachey wrote:
Showdown time:

Super Deluxe Coil vs Fox DPX2 air?

I'm a not-particularly-aggressive rider but 99% of my riding is at a chairlift (nothing much double-black though and I'm not much of a jumper). Is it worth going for the DPX2 for a little more adjustability and better options if I want to go on an occasional all-day trail, or is the performance of the Deluxe coil worth the weight, especially since most of my biking is downwards?

Are coils noticeably more reliable than air? Is the extra weight noticeable? Is the Super Deluxe coil actually a better performer than the DPX2?

I'm coming from a super old bike so have only ever really ridden outdated technology, so any thoughts or input would be hugely appreciated!

If you're local to rotorua/in rotorua any weekend I'd be happy to swap with you to try out a coil on my bike. I've been considering going to coil but put off by the price for the sake of trying it out.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Hi, I am planning on build a Meta AM29 from scratch. Do you think you can fit a X2 shock on it?

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
HariMXDH wrote:
Hi, I am planning on build a Meta AM29 from scratch. Do you think you can fit a X2 shock on it?

EDIT: I was thinking of the TR.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 22:35 Quote
HariMXDH wrote:

The bike fits a dhx2 it’ll fit an x2

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 1:02 Quote
HariMXDH wrote:

The signature version comes with the X2 stock, so yes.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 2:01 Quote
irishkiwimadman wrote:
If you're local to rotorua/in rotorua any weekend I'd be happy to swap with you to try out a coil on my bike. I've been considering going to coil but put off by the price for the sake of trying it out.

Nah, Christchurch for me Smile I actually ended up ordering both shocks, Commencal EU had some absurdly cheap stuff on Black Friday and both the Super Deluxe Coil + the DPX2 came in at less than $900 together (we'll see if customs pings me for GST). But I figured at those prices I might as well just grab both, have a few rides on each and sell whichever I think I can do without

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Preachey wrote:
irishkiwimadman wrote:

Nah, Christchurch for me Smile I actually ended up ordering both shocks, Commencal EU had some absurdly cheap stuff on Black Friday and both the Super Deluxe Coil + the DPX2 came in at less than $900 together (we'll see if customs pings me for GST). But I figured at those prices I might as well just grab both, have a few rides on each and sell whichever I think I can do without

Holy crap. That's cheap. If I had spotted that I would have jumped at that price. ????

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011972
Mobile Version of Website