All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
AlexNIN wrote:
marksnook wrote:
How long did that wrp link take to show up?27.5 wheel should be here next week

Ordered 1/29 delivered 3/13 from Australia to East Coast United States. Pretty quick I'd say considering the global shipping delays.

Hey man , got any review of the META as a mullet with the wrp link ?

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 7:09 Quote
Kawasaki2 wrote:
southtirolrider wrote:
Is it just me, or are there rly unusual few reviews online for the new meta?
I can only find a few, be it in english or in other languages.
Considering the price and the quite extreme geometry i think its quite an exciting bike and thus i would expect the main bike-magazines to have it allready tested...
I know i am complaining on a high level, but i just love reading bike-reviews
(i know bike reviews are subjective and dont mean anything for the rider/buyer)

Magazines are sponsored and paid for by manufacturers... So cutting out the middle man of local shops is "commissions" that are lost. You used to have local bike stores refusing to even service direct to consumer brands! Now it's a little better, but you'll have major "magazines" or sponsored industries avoid brands that are a threat to their sales. See Tesla... Online shopping..

Sounds logical!
Havent had this thought, even though its obvious...

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 8:04 Quote
niso wrote:
Gene158 wrote:
I weigh about 205 and I’m running a 550 spring on my super deluxe ultimate.

What sag are you at with the 550 spring? I am about 190 and not sure if I should go with 500 or 550
I believe it was right around 27-28%.

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
Elgaucher wrote:
AlexNIN wrote:
marksnook wrote:
How long did that wrp link take to show up?27.5 wheel should be here next week

Ordered 1/29 delivered 3/13 from Australia to East Coast United States. Pretty quick I'd say considering the global shipping delays.

Hey man , got any review of the META as a mullet with the wrp link ?

Not yet link hasn’t arrived, had notification that it has been shipped so I’m hoping I should be ridding it at the end of the month. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it is

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
What spring rate are people running on coils for their metas and how much do you weigh?

I had a 500 progressive spring on my Bronson that was possible a bit too heavy, not by too much though.
I weigh about 160lbs geared up and would get a progressive spring again for the meta, however all the online calculators are calculating ridiculous figures like 300 odd

300 is too low. I weigh 140 and run a 350 spring rate and it is just right. Maybe you are 400.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 3:21 Quote
Gene158 wrote:
niso wrote:
Gene158 wrote:
I weigh about 205 and I’m running a 550 spring on my super deluxe ultimate.

What sag are you at with the 550 spring? I am about 190 and not sure if I should go with 500 or 550
I believe it was right around 27-28%.

I'm 195 lbs and have a 450 and 500 spring. The 450 gave me 33% sag and was soft but good in the wet, now it's summer I'm on the 500 spring, 29% sag, does bottom out every now and then but I'm on a bit of a weight loss mission so didn't want a 550. Put your details into the tftuned calculator and see the difference in sag for your weight per spring. I like having soft rear suspension for how I ride so like more sag.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 4:19 Quote
Were you getting much bottom outs on the 450?

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 7:33 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
Were you getting much bottom outs on the 450?

Yes. As in I could bunny hop in the street outside my house and the sag measuring/rubber stopper would be all the way to the bottom. I was about 200lbs when I had that spring in though.

On the trails it rode great though. When it did bottom out it wasn't harsh. I doubt i will put the 450 back in until I'm under 180lbs.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
I just installed a 650lbs spring on my RS Coil Ultimate and stitting at about 28% sag. Haven't had a chance to hit the trails with the new spring yet.

At 210lbs with a 550lbs spring I was sitting at about 33% sag and bottoming it out every ride on fairly tame terrain. Bottom outs weren't harsh, but I wasn't exactly taking massive hits or hucking to flat either....

I also ordered a 600lbs spring, so will see how the 650 goes and may change down to the 600 if it's too stiff.

Meta TR 29 SX for reference

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 9:50 Quote
Just had a call from my LBS. Took my meta race I got in October in for the magura lever to be fixed again. Shop just called to say both hubs and headset need servicing as they are gritty and noisy. Been riding 2 times a week on average, 2 hours a ride, rain or shine. All other bearings are good. Invisiframe has done OK, I have a couple of tiny chips on it, one around a bearing where there is no way a kit could cover and one in the gap where the chain stay protector has a gap!!

Apart from swapping to maguras, big betty on the rear and the right spring for my weight it's been amazing.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Has anyone weighed a 2021 meta am ?
Or know an accurate weight

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
alexbg wrote:
Just had a call from my LBS. Took my meta race I got in October in for the magura lever to be fixed again. Shop just called to say both hubs and headset need servicing as they are gritty and noisy. Been riding 2 times a week on average, 2 hours a ride, rain or shine. All other bearings are good. Invisiframe has done OK, I have a couple of tiny chips on it, one around a bearing where there is no way a kit could cover and one in the gap where the chain stay protector has a gap!!

Apart from swapping to maguras, big betty on the rear and the right spring for my weight it's been amazing.
What maguras did you go for?
I've got trail sports on my hardtail and they are amazing love them ,

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:44 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
Has anyone weighed a 2021 meta am ?
Or know an accurate weight

I have an XL Meta AM.
Zeb Ultimate 180.
Ibis S35 Carbon wheels with Assegai EXO+ on the front and a Kenda Pinner ATC on the rear.
Carbon cranks.

I am at 35lbs on the nose

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
Nice, that's not too shabby

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 13:06 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
alexbg wrote:

What maguras did you go for?
I've got trail sports on my hardtail and they are amazing love them ,

MT7 pros. Love and hate them. If XTR levers were in stock them I would be having them put on with magura callipers. Gone through 3 levers in just over a year. The springs break or what ever happens and the lever just goes forward and stays there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006168
Mobile Version of Website