All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 14:16 Quote
Hi everyone
Any shock recommendations?

I got my 2021 meta a month back and I'm looking to possibly upgrade to a more suitable shock.

I got the essential build so it comes stock with a Fox DPX2 and I have been somewhat underwhelmed by the performance and I'm really not sure why Commencal don't spec the essential with the Fox Float X2 like the higher end models have.

I am a light rider but I ride fairly hard and I think a coil would be too linear.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
I'm pretty set on getting a coil for mine for when I get it.. progressive spring is the way I had one on my Bronson

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
harry-steen27 wrote:
Hi everyone
Any shock recommendations?

I got my 2021 meta a month back and I'm looking to possibly upgrade to a more suitable shock.

I got the essential build so it comes stock with a Fox DPX2 and I have been somewhat underwhelmed by the performance and I'm really not sure why Commencal don't spec the essential with the Fox Float X2 like the higher end models have.

I am a light rider but I ride fairly hard and I think a coil would be too linear.
I have the 2021 meta TR race build. It came with with the RockShox super deluxe ultimate coil and I'm happy with it. I don't know what it would feel like with an air shock but I have no complaints with the coil

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 0:18 Quote
Seeing lots of talk of sizing, especially riders around 178cm (My height) mostly deliberating between M or L, Meta AM 29. Curious to hear your thoughts on the Small? With a 445mm reach with a +5 headset making it 450mm, a 1235mm WB, this seems spot onto a Medium of a couple years ago.

I'm currently riding a 21' Nukeproof Mega 290 in a Large and I'm finding it too big. Only available frame locally is a 2021 Meta AM in a small.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
maxwharin1 wrote:
Seeing lots of talk of sizing, especially riders around 178cm (My height) mostly deliberating between M or L, Meta AM 29. Curious to hear your thoughts on the Small? With a 445mm reach with a +5 headset making it 450mm, a 1235mm WB, this seems spot onto a Medium of a couple years ago.

I'm currently riding a 21' Nukeproof Mega 290 in a Large and I'm finding it too big. Only available frame locally is a 2021 Meta AM in a small.

I’m 6’0” on a large and it feels perfect. With the seat angle, it feels much smaller when sitting and pedalling but feels spot on when standing.

I feel like the small would be settling for you. Medium would prob be perfect

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:

I’m 6’0” on a large and it feels perfect. With the seat angle, it feels much smaller when sitting and pedalling but feels spot on when standing.

I’m 5’10” (178cm) and the medium fits like a glove. Couldn’t be happier.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:02 Quote
Petejbridge wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:
maxwharin1 wrote:

I’m 5’10” (178cm) and the medium fits like a glove. Couldn’t be happier.

Seems to be the consensus, although the Medium is only 5mm shorter in reach than my Large Mega. Still seems like it might be too big, and maybe unbalanced with the super short stays.

I figure the small with a 5+ reach headset at 450mm would be perfect no? But I imagine not many people have tried a small..main worry is the seated climbing position with such a short ETT, but I'm sure I'd get used to it..

Also when I see guys like Ed Masters, whos 2 cm taller than I am, on a Medium Firebird with a 455mm reach it makes me even more interested..

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Just ordered a CC kitsuma ready for the rig, whenever it decides to show up.

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 22:00 Quote
lew-77 wrote:
Has anyone weighed a 2021 meta am ?
Or know an accurate weight

16,9 kg size L wirh pedals, empty water bottle, 210 mm dropper, pro core in the back and multi tool.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
Anyone with an estimated April ship date get shipping confirmation or communicate with Commencal in the past 2 weeks? I got nothing but when I asked for an update in March they still indicated frame should ship by end of April.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
kleinschuster wrote:
Anyone with an estimated April ship date get shipping confirmation or communicate with Commencal in the past 2 weeks? I got nothing but when I asked for an update in March they still indicated frame should ship by end of April.

I was told last week that my bike is scheduled to arrive at the warehouse next week and that it takes 1-2 business days to process before it's shipped to me. Can't wait!

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Alright folks, I need help with sizing on these bad boys. I had a large 2020 meta TR and it fit perfectly. But with these 2021's, the reach of last years large falls right between the medium and large on the current model. I'm 5'10.5, 32" inseam, and really unsure which size to get.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
DH893 wrote:
Alright folks, I need help with sizing on these bad boys. I had a large 2020 meta TR and it fit perfectly. But with these 2021's, the reach of last years large falls right between the medium and large on the current model. I'm 5'10.5, 32" inseam, and really unsure which size to get.

I'm in the same boat, if I'm accurate with my measurements I'm 5'9.5 without shoes on, with 178cm wingspan and long legs..The medium honestly seems too big, but the seated reach would be good. But I'd rather have my reach feel better descending and the small at 445 reach with a 5+mm headset at 450mm would be perfect. Seems like a lot of short guys on here riding larges with 495 reaches...seems a bit crazy in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
Does anybody know where to find mounting hardware for a 2021 meta? Also does anyone think the bushings/hardware could be taken out of a DPX2 and used with a super deluxe

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 15:45 Quote
DH893 wrote:
I'm an inch taller with a 33 inseam. I got the large. It's lovely. Check out my profile picture, you can see how far out of the frame the dropper is. Got a good 2 inches more to go in the frame for your height.

You are right in the middle of sizes and if the 2020 model you have fits you perfectly then you have three choices, keep it, go large and have a bigger sized bike for steam rollering over everything or medium 21 bike and have a more playful bike. Or maybe go medium AM 2021 instead of TR.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012955
Mobile Version of Website