All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 15:43 Quote
Brettrt wrote:
Just received an email from Commencal informing me of a second delay on my order I placed in January. Original delivery date was end of April. Got delayed to middle of may and now delayed again to the end of June. Extremely disappointed.

I got the same email I’m so pissed I already sold my old bike expecting it by now ‍

Posted: Apr 30, 2021 at 21:58 Quote
Does anyone with a 21 Meta AM route their rear brake lines differently? Or is this the only way? I was kind of concerned about having my cable being so close to the rotor. Has anyone experienced any issues?

photo

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 2:02 Quote
Mine is routed exactly the same way, not had a problem yet!

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
wooitsphillip wrote:
Does anyone with a 21 Meta AM route their rear brake lines differently? Or is this the only way? I was kind of concerned about having my cable being so close to the rotor. Has anyone experienced any issues?

photo

Thought the same thing when putting mine together. Hasn’t been an issue though and have had mine for around 6 months.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 8:40 Quote
oldnw wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:

photo

Thought the same thing when putting mine together. Hasn’t been an issue though and have had mine for around 6 months.

Cool, besides that, you running a bottle cage on yours? What size bottle will work? I bought a 14 oz but it's too big.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
[Quote="wooitsphillip"]
oldnw wrote:
wooitsphillip wrote:

photo

Cool, besides that, you running a bottle cage on yours? What size bottle will work? I bought

a 14 oz but it's too big.[/Quote

Yes. I run a fidlock setup. Can use their large bottle with no issues. I have both their small and large bottles. The Fidlock is just minimal and looks sweet and works great.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 9:29 Quote
I wanted to change my RockShox spring on my meta am 2019 (bought it last year second hand) but really don't know which spring rate to use.

I weight approx 61kg with my equipment and usually ride with a kinda low sag like 26-30%.

Which spring rate do you recommend? Thx!

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 16:11 Quote
2020 Commencal Meta AM29 with a -2 degree angled headset

Added a -2 degree Works Angled Headset to my XL 2020 Meta AM 29 and it has changed the head angle to 63.6. It is a big improvement going downhill and climbing is very similar so a big improvement for the trails I ride.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 18:54 Quote
CraigdP2016 wrote:

Added a -2 degree Works Angled Headset to my XL 2020 Meta AM 29 and it has changed the head angle to 63.6. It is a big improvement going downhill and climbing is very similar so a big improvement for the trails I ride.

I had that version in a large and never really felt the need to go slacker. I wish I would have tried it. That looks right! I have a new meta am now with a 63.5 ha, I believe, in a medium and it is really good. Have you tried a megneg on that yet?

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
oldnw wrote:
CraigdP2016 wrote:

I had that version in a large and never really felt the need to go slacker. I wish I would have tried it. That looks right! I have a new meta am now with a 63.5 ha, I believe, in a medium and it is really good. Have you tried a megneg on that yet?

No, I have had no issues with this setup, using almost all of the travel and no major bottom outs after adding some volume spaces. Fork feels better at this angle too.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
First ride with the mullet today on some South Wales steep tech, wow! Just wow. It’s changed the bike way more than I thought it would. It’s just so easy to throw into corners and make quick little changes and flicks around stuff. I found full 29 had to be all or nothing dropping it into corners, that smaller back wheel has definitely brought back some of the playfulness I missed with a smaller wheeled bike.
It did overturn a bit if I really threw it into a corner but I will adjust. Very happy!
There is a chance I just had a really good ride day so a few more rides should help sort out what’s what

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
Brettrt wrote:
Just received an email from Commencal informing me of a second delay on my order I placed in January. Original delivery date was end of April. Got delayed to middle of may and now delayed again to the end of June. Extremely disappointed.

I placed the order 2nd of February for AM Essential in Large. Delivery date was supposed to be in April. A week ago I asked sbout it and their response was:

"Your order has been processed and is now being prepared.
You will soon receive a link with the tracking details of your parcel."

I'm still hoping for the best..

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
marzyhelmond wrote:
I wanted to change my RockShox spring on my meta am 2019 (bought it last year second hand) but really don't know which spring rate to use.

I weight approx 61kg with my equipment and usually ride with a kinda low sag like 26-30%.

Which spring rate do you recommend? Thx!

Use the TF tuned calculator. It's pretty accurate to be fair.

Posted: May 2, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
pakleni wrote:
Brettrt wrote:

I placed the order 2nd of February for AM Essential in Large. Delivery date was supposed to be in April. A week ago I asked sbout it and their response was:

"Your order has been processed and is now being prepared.
You will soon receive a link with the tracking details of your parcel."

I'm still hoping for the best..
I spoke to the shop I ordered with on Friday and he said he thinks commencal have got the bikes their just sorting them out etc. Also an AM essential but size M

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 7:06 Quote
Seems as though my high polish TR frame is shipping direct from the factory in Taiwan. Got an email from DHL this morning saying a package was in transit from Sanfa Bicycle Industrial Co. Kind of weird since order still shows as "being processed" on Commencal's website. Just glad that my wait appears to be coming to an end. Now if only my Lyrik Ultimate order would come back in stock and ship maybe I'll be able to ride it before the end of the month.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014644
Mobile Version of Website