Parents wont let me ride alone when Im nearly 15.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Parents wont let me ride alone when Im nearly 15.
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 26, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
Hi everyone I am a beginer dirt jumper and I am so lucky that a nice dirt spot is right next to our house. The problem is my parents wont let me jump there alone "cuz you can get into a coma and die". Bro like I am nearly 15 and because of a few scratches i got so far I know not to risk too much. I can only ride there with my parents and they dont have too much time so sometimes I do not even go out for a month! Like seriously I have all the gear (full face, pads, backplate..).

Also, because I like PC gaming they sometimes say that "you should spend more time outside instead of looking onto that screen". When I reply that I would love to go out riding but they dont wanna let me tou they instantly get mad.

Do you have any tips on how to convince my parents letting me ride alone? Maybe I should get one of these SOS button things that old people have.
Thanks so much.

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 13:51 Quote
Ye they care about you. my mom was like that and then I think she realised. Just promise to wear your pads and all that

More responsible idea was my edit

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 14:06 Quote
Your parents are just looking out for your safety, they may be a bit over protective. Explain to them that you won't attempt any jumps or tricks that could cause any serious injury. Bumps and scraps are just part of riding. Maybe thank them for being concerned, and that you will ride Responsibly, and also riding gets you out of the house. Good luck..

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
Tell them that since you cant MTB you have been considering getting into the weeds and the sex.

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 20:39 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Tell them that since you can MTB you have been considering getting into the weeds and the sex.

Tell them that because you MTB you haven't been considering getting into the weeds and the sex

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 23:55 Quote
Tell them that because you can sex you haven’t been getting into the mtb and the weed

O+
Posted: May 27, 2018 at 2:26 Quote
I feel you. For the longest time, my parents were hesitant to let me ride alone. Probably the biggest thing you can do is prove you are responsible not only riding, but around the house etc. Not only will it build their trust in you, but it tends to make them happier and more likely to let you do what you want. One thing you can do is download a tracking app so they can see where you are in case of an emergency. Also, just try getting some friends to ride and/or prove that if you do get hurt while riding, somebody will be able to find you and call for help. The biggest thing is letting them know that you are trustworthy and responsible. Good luck!

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 11:06 Quote
Thank you all for your tips! I dont have data on my phone so i cant get a tracker however I'll try explaining to them that i know not to risk too much.
Thanks!

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 10:19 Quote
Just wait a few years and it will be your missus who wont let you ride.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
peeldog wrote:
Just wait a few years and it will be your missus who wont let you ride.

And then it's your body that won't let you ride

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 3:45 Quote
When you say “alone” do you mean there is literally no one else there? No other riders?

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
When you say “alone” do you mean there is literally no one else there? No other riders?
Well, sometimes yes, but i found a kid there about 13 thats sending the biggest jumps there with me, so now I can go there more often and enjoy some gnarly shredding w/friends! (nothings better than shredding w/friends!)

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 5:44 Quote
JanPruska wrote:
cmc4130 wrote:
Well, sometimes yes, but i found a kid there about 13 thats sending the biggest jumps there with me, so now I can go there more often and enjoy some gnarly shredding w/friends! (nothings better than shredding w/friends!)

When I was 14 I used to ride with this kid who was 10. There was no one else riding BMX in the hood. He actually got really good.

Years later I hear this big voice in the grocery store, HEY What’s Up...? He’s all muscles and outweighed me by a good 40 pounds. Pretty funny.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 9:32 Quote
Man just straight up lie, be all like "I'm gona go see my friend x who lives across town peace out" take your bike like your gona just bike there. Then you dip to the jumps. Yeah it's not clean and a poor way to go about it. But it will at least get you up in the air.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010952
Mobile Version of Website