Norco Bigfoot 6.1 scam

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Norco Bigfoot 6.1 scam
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 26, 2018 at 17:13 Quote
Anybody else besides me get screwed by this asshat?

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 17:22 Quote
joeyrotundo wrote:
Anybody else besides me get screwed by this asshat?

Some Details would help.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2018 at 18:19 Quote
Username was
thomasbreslev
Had a couple of bikes for sale,
Claimed paypal did not work for him only e transfer . (1st huge red flag in hindsight)
I sent 100 to show I was serious and agrred to send another 400 when he was ready to ship.
We agreed he would send a pic from the post office with a tracking number ,but it was an old trackimg number and if I had looked more closely the weight and dimensions were a bit off as well.
I was rushed on my end with every day life stuff at my end and it looked ok, had my address and whatnot on it. Looked good at a glance.

Also another minor red flag in hindsight his profile was only a month old, so so no real history to look at.

Medium spendy lesson in online purchases.
To be fair I have had many successful buys with that e-transfer /pic with tracking number arrangement, just unfortunate there is Potential for a scam as scammers will find ways to sour the buy and sell

I can post the pic of the phony package/packing slip if anyone wants.

The small percentage PayPal charges is worth peace of mind or you are gambling.

Posted: May 26, 2018 at 18:35 Quote
Yep, that's a hard lesson learned..I wonder if you could notify the local authorities and get a criminal action going against him..? I Hate thieves, maybe karma will slap his a$$ soon.

O+
Posted: May 26, 2018 at 21:16 Quote
I will register a fraud case with the police for sure. I doubt it will yield anything for me personally but maybe help someone else down the line.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009174
Mobile Version of Website