Giant Reign

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Reign
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
Hello, so I am looking at two bikes to upgrade to an enduro bike. I have a giant reign advanced 1 2015 with full Shimano XT groupset(upgraded from SLX), front carbon triangle, Rockshox pike and monarch plus. The other bike is a giant reign 2 2018 with a lower tier of components, full aluminum, Rockshox yari and monarch. All your feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 17:50 Quote
I have the reign 2 2018 and I really like it. I cant comment on how it compares to the old reign but it feels fantastic on everything from tech to jumps. Really like the bike. suspension isnt super plush due to the low end dampers but its not a huge issue. id say go for it!

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 20:55 Quote
eduardoherreradlf wrote:
Hello, so I am looking at two bikes to upgrade to an enduro bike. I have a giant reign advanced 1 2015 with full Shimano XT groupset(upgraded from SLX), front carbon triangle, Rockshox pike and monarch plus. The other bike is a giant reign 2 2018 with a lower tier of components, full aluminum, Rockshox yari and monarch. All your feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

You can upgrade the damper in the yari fork really easy and it's not expensive. I have just done it (and put a 170MM air spring too), this way you have a lyric fork. Cost me $350 australian so thats like $245 american.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 5:26 Quote
eduardoherreradlf wrote:

You already have 2 enduro bikes, one with better and other slightly lower components. Not sure what you want to achieve, be more specific. Is suspension not working well? Are brakes too weak?
With questions like that we can help you more...

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
onyxss wrote:
eduardoherreradlf wrote:

You already have 2 enduro bikes, one with better and other slightly lower components. Not sure what you want to achieve, be more specific. Is suspension not working well? Are brakes too weak?
With questions like that we can help you more...

No, I just wrote it incorrectly, I have one trail bike but I’m looking to upgrade to an enduro bike and those are the two options I am looking into.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 2:13 Quote
Its more clear now... take 2018, you can upgrade later some components (maybe brakes for some 4-pot ones) if they don't suit you (Yari/monarch combo is very decent these days for average joe :-). If/when you will be selling you will sell it much easier than 2015 bike. Plus you have all the latest/greatest popular standards on bike already (Trunion shock mount, boost hubs etc...) which will make it easier to upgrade in years to come.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 14:10 Quote
Just in case anyone was wondering, 26+ Minions fit the 2014 reign x perfectly on stock wheels. I just mounted a pair of 26x2.8 and rode them for the first time today.

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
3 mins ago - Canyon Owners Club
9 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
9 mins ago - Brake pad offset to Disc Centre? ok or not?
17 mins ago - How well do DH bikes jump?
24 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
27 mins ago - The 20" street thread (BMX)
31 mins ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
37 mins ago - Cane creek double barrel air keeps bottoming out?
38 mins ago - The new Troy 29er is Amazing!
42 mins ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
43 mins ago - Giant Trance 27.5
1 hours ago - Santa Cruz Hightower LT
2 hours ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
2 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
2 hours ago - show off your Santa Cruz
2 hours ago - Bushing/Mount Hardware Size for YT Tues CF
2 hours ago - New addition to the stable: 1999 Specialized FSR Team Downhill S Works Shaun Palmer Edition
3 hours ago - Nukeproof Owners Club
3 hours ago - Need to find info on sun ringle charger TR rims
4 hours ago - Shock Sizing 2018 Smuggler
4 hours ago - Fast & Strong Gay,Lesbian & Homosexual Love spells in Malta Bormla +27731356845 Mama Jafali
4 hours ago - Voodoo homosexual love spells in Malta,the United Kingdom,Finland that works +27731356845 Prof Mama Jafali
4 hours ago - Powerful gay & Lesbian spells caster in Newport,Newry,Norwich,Nottingham +27731356845 Mama Jafali
4 hours ago - Top Ssd Solution to Clean Defaced Bank Notes +27731356845 in Ghana-South Africa-Namibia-Botswana-Zambia

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006605
Mobile Version of Website