Rocky Mountain Microdrive Crank

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
Rocky Mountain Microdrive Crank
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 28, 2018 at 8:55 Quote
Who makes rings to fit the Rocky Mountain Microdrive crank? RM said it uses 76mm BCD, but when I ordered one, I received a ring with threaded bolt holes (XX1 specific, I gather) and different bolt pattern. Had the bolt pattern been the same I might have tried just drilling out the threads.

The Microdrive crank uses a 2 piece bolt system similar to what is used on a 3x system to attach the middle and large rings.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
Apparently I need to go back to elementary school since I seemingly am incapable of lining holes up. It fit fine upon a second try. lol lol lol

Posted: Dec 27, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
Did you have to drill out the threads?

Posted: Dec 28, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
I was wondering the same thing. Wolftooth says standard m8 chainring bolts should thread into the chainring. I'm ordering one today and I'll let you know if it works.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
I just upgraded my 26T Chainring to 28T on my blizzard -20 their 64bcd. NSB makes them I had one installed on mine.

samael wrote:
Who makes rings to fit the Rocky Mountain Microdrive crank? RM said it uses 76mm BCD, but when I ordered one, I received a ring with threaded bolt holes (XX1 specific, I gather) and different bolt pattern. Had the bolt pattern been the same I might have tried just drilling out the threads.

The Microdrive crank uses a 2 piece bolt system similar to what is used on a 3x system to attach the middle and large rings.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
Sorry for taking so long, shipping took forever. The 76bcd Blackspire chainring I got won't fit, so I'm going to have to send it back to Chain Reaction or sell it. Only two of the holes line up so its unusable. I just took the cranks off and trashed them today, swapped them for some spare cranks I had. Wish Rocky wouldn't do this, if it doesn't fit regular 76bcd chainrings, then don't write it on the side.

Posted: Jan 17, 2021 at 21:02 Quote
I also tried a xx1 76 BCD chairing that didn’t fit. Only spent $20 so it s not a big deal but I think the xx1 cranks have an asymmetrical bolt pattern they both might be 76 BCD but the xx1 is a bit different. However it is the only 76 BCD I could find some I’m swapping out the cranks for the Blackspire ones with their oval chainring. You should check it out. Super good price and it includes bb and chainring.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005253
Mobile Version of Website