Fox DHX2 coil noise

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox DHX2 coil noise
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 6:53 Quote
Hey guys. I’m running a dhx2 coil on my v10 and when the shock fully extends i get a clicking noise. Sounds like the shaft is hitting something in the cylinder when it tops out at the fully extended position. Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 22:50 Quote
Theres a top out bumper in that shock, and when the oil in it gets old it starts to make that sound. I'd recommend rebuilding the thing. You'll definitely get better performance out of the shock as well as solving that issue. if your not wanting to do it youself, just get in contact with you LBS about it (I would also advise getting them to diagnose it further).

JHollowell wrote:
Hey guys. I’m running a dhx2 cool on my v10 and when the shock fully extends i get a clicking noise. Sounds like the shaft is hitting something in the cylinder when it tops out at the fully extended position. Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 6:10 Quote
Thanks man. It was bought brand new and was making the noise from day one. But I’ll definitely try the rebuild.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 1:00 Quote
Any luck solving the issue, i have v10 too with a 400x2.75 spring, and im getting this consistant knocking noise when riding?

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 2:35 Quote
JHollowell wrote:
Thanks man. It was bought brand new and was making the noise from day one. But I’ll definitely try the rebuild.

I had this problem with my DHX2 as well only shortly after I bought it brand new. I had it rebuilt and it has been great since. My shock is probably coming due for another rebuild before spring though.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 3:31 Quote
I think it may just be a problem with not enough preload on the coil.
Had the problem a couple of times when just cruising on a fire road und hearing a slight ticking when in the early travel.
Try adding like half a turn of preload on the coil. I think this is because the spring isn’t sitting right with not enough preload.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005756
Mobile Version of Website