2017 Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 Problems

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2017 Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 Problems
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
FDGVBH wrote:
Have a same problem at the start of the shox is hard and past that is normal. I was adding volume spacers and since then this is happening. I guess i have to do a service on it. Best thing with shox are to leave them how they are othervise you will always have problems.
Since the problem started after you added volume spacers, maybe you blocked the neg spring equalization port, either with a spacer or grease.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
This sounds like what happend to me, they said the inner shaft was chipped );

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2020 at 19:07 Quote
bengoodenough6 wrote:
This sounds like what happend to me, they said the inner shaft was chipped );

How and where was it chipped? Do you have some pictures of it?

Posted: Jan 8, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
mac911 wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:
Is it a debonair or hv?
Can you be more specific on the issue? Does it feel like it goes sticky or knocking and hard to go through the travel?

It's a DebonAir.

The problem is pretty hard to explain. It's like a knocking in a specific spot in the beginning the travel. Passed this spot, the suspension goes very well.

Also, when I put the medium or hard setting this problem seems to be really less noticeable.
Had the same issue. Solition was simple: i bought a DVO topaz. I uninstalled the monarch, litteraly threw it away and put on the topaz. Rode it even at -5 degrees on some nasty dh trails: the shock worked perfectly regardless of temperature

Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 12:51 Quote
My Monarch Plus RC3 HV just started doing this same thing. I have to ride on the mid or firm damping threshold to not notice it. Did any of you confirm that the middle seal is the problem? I am thinking of doing the full service kit but would like an idea ahead of time if that might actually fix the problem.

Or I could do like Uchwmdr and just replace the whole shock, but I have been happy with it until this started.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
meiklenb wrote:
My Monarch Plus RC3 HV just started doing this same thing. I have to ride on the mid or firm damping threshold to not notice it. Did any of you confirm that the middle seal is the problem? I am thinking of doing the full service kit but would like an idea ahead of time if that might actually fix the problem.

Or I could do like Uchwmdr and just replace the whole shock, but I have been happy with it until this started.

Mine has been doing the same thing since I bought the bike a few months ago. I did a full 200 hour service and it still does it. I don’t think it hinders the performance but for all the time and hassle the service was it would be nice for it to be perfect. Mine only does this in the min setting the other two you can feel it.

Also do you guys seem to bottom yours out a lot? In 145lbs and run 170 in it should I be running more air or spacers?

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
Sure it's not air in the dampener. I gave up on my monarch after it kept blowing/leaking from the dampener and getting that dam dead spot. Shit shock glad I swopped it and not just cuz it kept breaking but it isn't even a good shock when it was working.

I’m thinking along this line too. I had one of these in a specialized enduro. Although I felt it most when the compression lever was “open”.
Serviced the damper and it was all okay.

Manual is online and with a little mechanical know how (and a hand full of tools, not everyone will have to be fair) it’s not a bad job

Posted: Jun 23, 2020 at 9:58 Quote
Just to add my experience here as I just went through this as well. The damper seal will start to leak and loose fluid so the initial 20% of travel is just air now. The solution is to change the damper seal and re bleed to fix it. Did the 200hr service and now the shock is smooth through all of the travel. You can hear the point where the air equalizes at that 20% but I do not feel any notch or knock at all as it should be.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2020 at 4:04 Quote
I had this same prob recently. I had my shock serviced back in October. Over the winter it developed a “bump” feeling about 50% through the travel. One day I completely deflated the shock (air can and dampener), took the linkage apart for a good clean and grease. Once it was back together, the shock felt great. Don’t know if deflating completely is what fixed it, or if the clean linkage.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015905
Mobile Version of Website