Tire advice........anyone use continental tires???

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Tire advice........anyone use continental tires???
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
Hi I'm looking at changing the tires on my full sus for more summer/XC focused and am torn between a couple so keen to see if anyone has used any of these before.

I have a mid travel (140mm) full sus with a hans dampf front and nobby nic rear. The riding I do is a mix of road to the woods or around trail parks and with the weather picking up want something with a bit less grip/better rolling resistance.

The options are:

1) change the dampf on the front to another nobby nic.

2) Continental Trail King 2.2 front and Continental X-King 2.2 rear both with the protection and black chili compound.

3) Continental X-King 2.4 front and Continental X-King 2.2 rear both with the protection and black chili compound.

I've used continental tires with the protection and black chili compound before and liked them hense looking at those mainly but cant see many recent reviews on either the Trail King or X-King.

anyone used these tires recently?

thanks

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 1:10 Quote
I used the old conti x-kings, they were really great. I can’t see the new versions being anything but better so I recommend!

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
great thanks Cammyd14, much appreciated.

I really liked the conti race kings I've had previously and the schwalbe tires I've used (nobby nic and racing ralphs) have been OK but dint seem as good in mud or as fast rolling as the race kings.....

i think i'll try the x-kings Big Grin

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 5:27 Quote
Do a search for X kings but another member put me right off that model due to a complete failure or tear in sidewall big enough to put your fingers or fist through.

They are half price mind if you know where to look. Personally I would if choosing Conti opt for their MK II in your desired diameter and width as they will be good for year round use pretty much and roll fairly fast and shed mud fairly well too.

I too came to decision to go for Maxxis Forekasters as they will suit me better for where I ride and my preference and the fact that Maxxis have their compounds sorted.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
Use 3.0 Nobby Nice they are the best on the market

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
richdav11 wrote:
Use 3.0 Nobby Nice they are the best on the market

I hear that the Nobby Nic tire tends to slash. That's just what I hear, I don't have personal experience.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 13:42 Quote
I assume you've got your tires by now but I put a cont tire on my rear and had a mother of a time getting the thing to seal up. Was pissing air out sidewalls like crazy. After putting a ton of stans in finally got it holding air. Wont make this same mistake twice.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 5:03 Quote
I'm a fan of the X Kings, got them on my hardtail. They are perfect for our local trails.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 17:51 Quote
My front tire is a Mountain King 2.4 that is 4 years and still in good shape (came on 2014 RM Altitude). My rear Mountain King started weeping air out the sidewalls several months ago, then progressively began warping and burping air. I ended up putting a tube in, but within a month I blew out the sidewall. Replaced it with a Maxxis Agressor 2.3 and happy so far.

If you get Continental tires, make sure they are made in Germany and not Taiwan.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019240
Mobile Version of Website