Tire advice........anyone use continental tires???

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Tire advice........anyone use continental tires???
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
Hi I'm looking at changing the tires on my full sus for more summer/XC focused and am torn between a couple so keen to see if anyone has used any of these before.

I have a mid travel (140mm) full sus with a hans dampf front and nobby nic rear. The riding I do is a mix of road to the woods or around trail parks and with the weather picking up want something with a bit less grip/better rolling resistance.

The options are:

1) change the dampf on the front to another nobby nic.

2) Continental Trail King 2.2 front and Continental X-King 2.2 rear both with the protection and black chili compound.

3) Continental X-King 2.4 front and Continental X-King 2.2 rear both with the protection and black chili compound.

I've used continental tires with the protection and black chili compound before and liked them hense looking at those mainly but cant see many recent reviews on either the Trail King or X-King.

anyone used these tires recently?

thanks

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 1:10 Quote
I used the old conti x-kings, they were really great. I can’t see the new versions being anything but better so I recommend!

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
great thanks Cammyd14, much appreciated.

I really liked the conti race kings I've had previously and the schwalbe tires I've used (nobby nic and racing ralphs) have been OK but dint seem as good in mud or as fast rolling as the race kings.....

i think i'll try the x-kings Big Grin

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013256
Mobile Version of Website