Best 4-5 Bike Hitch Mounted Rack?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best 4-5 Bike Hitch Mounted Rack?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 0:35 Quote
Hey everyone!

Just wondering what your suggestions is for a 2” hitch 4-5 bike rack? I’m curious if the conventional “strap on frame” system would be able to withstand the bumpy shuttle roads. I have heard that North Shore Racks are fantastic but they are $600 + Any info/ suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 5:14 Quote
http://recon-racks.com/new-products/r4-4bike-rack

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 4:05 Quote
Any cheaper options?

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 8:48 Quote
I snagged a used NSR-4 for $300 off of PB. Keep your eye out for ads, they don't last long!

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Just get a recon, you will not regret, and it only touchs tires, unlike the north shore. This is such a great thing, no damage to fork, frame, handlebars.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 10:01 Quote
IF I may suggest an alternative, ALTA RACKS. Made in UTah, carries up to six bikes, fully configurable and adjustable for handle bar and pedal clearance. Uses three layer of safety to ensure the rack will NEVER release. clears your tailgate,
engineered by Military design engineers with experience in military offroad market.
back door for vans and SUVs. LIfe time warranty,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMTgZxh06DM&t=5s
DaveLarose403 wrote:
Hey everyone!

Just wondering what your suggestions is for a 2” hitch 4-5 bike rack? I’m curious if the conventional “strap on frame” system would be able to withstand the bumpy shuttle roads. I have heard that North Shore Racks are fantastic but they are $600 + Any info/ suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
ALTA-RACKS wrote:
IF I may suggest an alternative, ALTA RACKS. Made in UTah, carries up to six bikes, fully configurable and adjustable for handle bar and pedal clearance. Uses three layer of safety to ensure the rack will NEVER release. clears your tailgate,
engineered by Military design engineers with experience in military offroad market.
back door for vans and SUVs. LIfe time warranty

Are the straps necessary for it to be stable? I'm looking for a 5-6 bike rack for long roadtrips, no off-roading. I woudn't want to use straps, and racks like the recon don't require them. How stable is your rack without the straps?

Also, my understanding is that your rack is not as wide as the recon so less clearance between bikes. I know with the recon crank/pedal clearance between bikes can sometimes be an issue. With your rack not being as wide, I would think this will be even more of an issue? I do realize spacing is adjustable on your rack, however with 6 bikes mounted adjustable spacing doesn't really increase clearance between the 6 bikes.

And lastly, Recon used to have a similar basket design as yours, however they changed the design due to the old design damaging tire sidewalls. I would suspect your baskets would have that same issue?

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
Me and my family love our Lolo Racks 6 bike rack.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
1up has up to 4 capability and one of the simplest to deal with. Well engineered and overbuilt.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016267
Mobile Version of Website