Which dj?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 15:37 Quote
Hi ya

Please help.. Can you recommend dj bikes for me...?

I'm confused and not got any idea... How to narrow down. I dont want to buy then find its not what I needed or not good spec.. I've been reading up but lost in lingo.. Geometry and bike manufacturers sales tactics as well as finding posts that answer one question bu,t
Then lead me more questions?

Currently I have a Sarson n xray 2 it's the best I've had which isn't saying much but due to lack of funds. I like dj because
I can be bold with my movements and find it mostly easy to ride apart from the heavyness of mine isn't fun.

Totally confused as to what my best options are. I have up to 550 second hand. Or new
I haven't ever had this kinda budget before and prob wont again. So I have that pressure to get it right but have dreamed of a better jump dj bike for years

I need the best I can get that will last or I could up grade over time.

Bikes I've seen are
Specialized p3 but am I paying for the name
Kona shred
Scott voltage
I would prefer hope equip or upgradable.. Please no rst..

I would then look at bomber forks or rock shox.suggestions?

Bike required/wishes

Easyier to commute its quite hilly in Nottingham
Lighter
Not low spec
Strong for beginners jumping off road ING (however I'm still looking for best I can afford) as I will get better over time.
Drive chain maybe 2?
Aluminium?
Or crmo?
Hardy

Also can any one explain what a 4/4 bike is?
Pump bike?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 15:55 Quote
4/4 is a bike with 4 inches travel front and rear.
Pump bike is obviously a Pumptrack bike that doesn’t require any suspension.

If you want light weight, gears for commuting then you’ve already eliminated a steel single speed bike. Look for a Specialized P-Slope. Alloy frame which you could run singkespeed or gears on.
Otherwise any slope style full susp bike..Treck Ticket, Transition Triple..etc..

Hope that helps a little bit.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 16:39 Quote
Do these have simular ular mular geometry to dj jumper bikes because in my riding experiences I've only felt happy on the Sarson and my mates x rated geometricly seeking. Thanks

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 23:35 Quote
I'm really only looking for a dj.. As I'm not comfortable on mtb. Now read about tyres and frame types.. Maybe look at length of the forks.. Anyway please anyone got any suggestions

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 4:28 Quote
What aren’t you comfortable about with mtbs?

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 5:25 Quote
I think cos I've tried so hard and not got any better with it...tried rockrider trek series 3 and claud butler..oh and voodoo saurki women's which was worst and trek series 3 prob best as far as the worst of the worst. Example I can fly down hills and tare around basic trails slopes on my jump but out of breath and then she it comes.to mtbs not happening. I avoid downs all together as skids and tensions all the way down sleave me shaken and even more put of yet jump bike I rode every night Jan to Feb at night in snow ice and dark park paths exhausted as I was homeless then in a night shelter church hall that only allowed you in at 9pm and then out by 7am mostly out at library's all day and riding my bike..yet I still rode like a tom cat and sometimes skids but wasn't even shaken...hope that explains...i do have dyspraxia and lack of spacal depth and there fore cannot judge as well..the dj I'm riding is prob to small its 26inch 12inch frame. And terrible heavy forks..7005 alu?
Sarason xray with zoom forks grey can not find this model anyware as I would slowly luke to upgrade while also owning another.as I'm sentimental and its worth learning...

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
Start with the DJ Thread and see what people are actually riding, then make your way to the buy/sell section and check local sale arenas (Craigslist, FB marketplace..ect) and research price..

It'll take time but you'll narrow it down eventually

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 11:32 Quote
Thanks yeah thinking of trying 2.5 on my rockrider and changing out the forks to some lower end bombers whilst building one. I feel I could build a far better bike all round instead of splatting cash on faces like sarason, Scott voltage, and some of the p3 ranges. I almost feel that it would not only be breaking budjet but feel let down by parts such as lower end derailers or rst forks!!

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 0:15 Quote
Thats why I didn't mention buying a new bike..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008651
Mobile Version of Website