YT capra al switch to HD4

PB Forum :: Ibis
YT capra al switch to HD4
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
Looking to upgrade my Rig. Bought the YT as an intro into Enduro.

Now I’m committed I want my dream carbon bike.

The HD4 complete do it all bike ?

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
I'm just wishing that my Mojo 3 had the same toptube length as equivalent sized HD4 and BB height but am a very happy owner so far.

They climb sooooooo well in fully open mode compared to other designs and feel soooooooo comfy and plush though the HD4 is meant to be more progressive a stroke than the Mojo 3.

If you get a chance to try their wheels too I can recommend their alloy ones and that I hear only good things about their support for warranty purposes.

Might want to invest a little money and time on helicopter tape behind the seat tube in around the linkages mind to prevent paint flaking off from little rock/stones flicking in there, but life's too short sometimes ;-)

Other than that, what colour ya gonna go for, ''fireball red'' or ''back in black''?

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 at 16:26 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I'm just wishing that my Mojo 3 had the same toptube length as equivalent sized HD4 and BB height but am a very happy owner so far.

They climb sooooooo well in fully open mode compared to other designs and feel soooooooo comfy and plush though the HD4 is meant to be more progressive a stroke than the Mojo 3.

If you get a chance to try their wheels too I can recommend their alloy ones and that I hear only good things about their support for warranty purposes.

Might want to invest a little money and time on helicopter tape behind the seat tube in around the linkages mind to prevent paint flaking off from little rock/stones flicking in there, but life's too short sometimes ;-)

Other than that, what colour ya gonna go for, ''fireball red'' or ''back in black''?

I’ve read an article that the bikes can be demo’d In Edinburgh.

All your comments very positive ! Good to hear support is good last thing you want is to pay premium and get a shabby service.

First thoughts to go black but would rule red out as it adds some flavour ! Blacks easier to live with, can decide that when I demo.. I like the xt build but want 12 -speed.

I am going to demo this bike and giant reign advanced and trek slash.

The ibis looks supreme ! In my opinion.

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 3:09 Quote
Aha! I wasn't aware that the Ibis cycles UK let you demo from them at theirs but why not I guess.

I have seen complete Mojo HD3s for less than £3k new so PM me if you wanna know where from yh.

All I can say really is ENJOY the demo and go with your gut instinct.

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 4:08 Quote
Thanks for the advice fella.

Can’t wait to see one ! Good deals on the hd3 but I reckon the Hd4 is the bike that covers all bases

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 21:32 Quote
kmcd21 wrote:
Thanks for the advice fella.

Can’t wait to see one ! Good deals on the hd3 but I reckon the Hd4 is the bike that covers all bases

Actually the hd3 covers more bases w its all mtn 66 hta geometry. My hd4 is super fast going down but dont plan on breaking my pr on xc/am trails set using my giant trance 2 w geometry of a 67 hta. Worth the sacrifice for the hd4

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007174
Mobile Version of Website