2019 29er Spartan

PB Forum :: Devinci
2019 29er Spartan
Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 18:01 Quote
It was easy for me. I’m 190 cm so XL.

Just picked mine up today. Haven’t ridden it yet, we just got 40 cms of snow Frown

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
Anyone here ever tried a spartan 27.5 or 29 with a coil ? I'm curious, not much info about that and I'm wondering if the frame is progressive enough to avoid too much bottom out ?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 4:10 Quote
Yes it is plenty progressiv.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 4:10 Quote
Rummelx wrote:
It was easy for me. I’m 190 cm so XL.

Just picked mine up today. Haven’t ridden it yet, we just got 40 cms of snow Frown

Nice, pics? Which build?

How does the XL feel to you?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
Got the GX build. XL feels good, even a little compact, definitely not too big. Sorry too much of a pain to upload pics. Try #spartan29 on instagram.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 16:35 Quote
I used to own aSpartan and the bike was all about fun and sending it and ofcourse racing... 29er... hmmmmm don’t know I am sure it will be a clock beater but please don’t anyone try to say in this thread « it is surprisingly fun». No, it won’t be. period. It’s a 29er and you can’t have fun in the air with a 29er. if you could, Red Bull Rampage would be full of them. But don’t get me wrong I respect Devinci´s reasoning which is beating the timer in enduro racing. In single tracks there is nothing fun about it if you are not an experienced rider.. Ione day I borrowed a friends Santacruz Hightower with 16mm upfront.... (I currently own a nomad4) . Man.. Apart from the fact that it could maintain speed easier i just could wait for the descent to end. Nothing fun for me, More flex from the wheels, and in tight turns I really had to plan ahead... and I can imagine the same bike with 150 mm of travel... disaster...

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 3:28 Quote
Rummelx wrote:
Got the GX build. XL feels good, even a little compact, definitely not too big. Sorry too much of a pain to upload pics. Try #spartan29 on instagram.

Thanks, you saying the XL feels compact does really reinforces my decision to go with the Large, even at my height.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 2:28 Quote
Rummelx wrote:

Hi, based on your experiences do you think I will be ok in XL with my 194cm? Thanks Smile

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 23:49 Quote
My testride with the Spartan 29. would def. Size up and tke a large with 174cm /5‘8.5‘‘

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 17:56 Quote
Nice vid. How did you like it? I’ve only been able to get out once so far. Definitely faster than my RM Instinct. And ya 194cm = XL.

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 12:03 Quote
it is fast and stable. I set 3 KOMS with this ride you see in the vid. But the suspension is firmer than I thought when looking at the travel numbers, it is not plush (rode it with 30% sag). High stack gives you lot of confidence on the steep stuff. Climbs pretty good (I did only fireroad climbs) as well, but if you get out on the saddle to push on the climb you also feel the high stack (not too bad though). I rode a large with 174cm. As I would use this bike as a racebike, I would def size up and take the large and put a 30mm stem on it.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
So any updates who ordered one in which size? And what about the already owners, you guys are satisfied?

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
I have the GX build in size medium. It is my ‘one bike’, and i am very happy with the sizing. I am 5’8” (172 cm), have been riding in the high position, and the bike had exceeded my expectations - especially with climbing (I knew the bike would go downhill quite well). While a bit cumbersome in tight switchbacks, it rolls over everything, maintains traction, and keeps forward momentum like a boss. It feels plenty long and stable for all of the descents that Ive faced. The riding position feels nice and centered, and have yet to have the front end pop up during a climb. I did not have the opportunity to test out the bike before purchasing, so I cannot comment on the size M vs L, but I am very happy with my Medium - and the bike in every regard. It is my first Devinci, but it certainly will not be my last!

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 0:51 Quote
Great thanks.

I generelly like short stems so if I put a 32mm stem on a large, its actually like a stock medium reachwise but with the benefits of being longer and more stable.

Id like to sit on a medium before purchase though and Definci keeps pushing my lbs medium week after week behind, so its pretty annoying.

Looking also at a medium SB150. Will need to decide by the end of the month. Curious what Pinkbike testers will say in their fieldtest.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.017526
Mobile Version of Website