Fitting a 26" rear wheel to my Enduro Comp 650b?...

PB Forum :: Specialized
Fitting a 26" rear wheel to my Enduro Comp 650b?...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 3:23 Quote
Thinking of fitting a 26" rear wheel to my Enduro Comp 650b as a bit of an experiment.

I've read a few things that suggest it can really change the ride quality and slackens the front end etc. & it seems to be a thing people were doing quite a lot a few years ago.

So basically my questions are:

1 - Is this as easy as buying a 26" rear wheel and sticking it on there? (I'm guessing I need to consider axle sizes?)

2 - Is this just a stupid thing to do or could it actually effect the handing in a positive way?

Appreciate any advice, I'm just looking at tinkering really and seeing what different things do to the handling of the bike. I've definitely not nailed my ideal set-up so I'm just seeing what changing a few things does and how the bike responds.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 9:37 Quote
I have a friend who puts a 26 in his 29 enduro and he says he likes it a lot. There are many pros but also a few cons.
Pros:
Cheaper if it gets broken
Slacker HA
Lower bb
More tire clearence
Better stiffness and toughness to weight ratio
Cons:
Few options if you buy new
Slacker SA
Doesn't roll that good ( but I think in the back it's not as important as in the front)

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 9:45 Quote
It is a very easy thing to do. Provided you have a 26" wheel with the correct axle size, it will just slid right in there.

26 front 24 rear was popular for a long time, however this faded for a variety of reasons. Such as, advancements in materials and manufacturing, and Race rules requiring both wheels to be the same size.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
You also need to make sure that your casette fits

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007773
Mobile Version of Website