Brand-X HT-01 sizing

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Brand-X HT-01 sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
Hey guys, I've been looking at this frame as candidate for a cheap singlespeed play bike to ride street and some freeride lines at the nearby woods:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/fi/en/brand-x-ht-01-27-5-hardtail-frame/rp-prod130452

The plan would be to build it singlespeed with a 130 Sektor, 50 mm stem, 760 mm bars and a ISGC05 chain tensioner. Just thinking about sizing - I'm 5'8" and change. S and M frames have basically the same stack height of about 610 mm but S has reach of 390 mm and M is 420 mm. CRC recommends the M for my size but I just wonder if I could go with S to get a kind of big BMX vibe and maximum playfulness. This would be first real bike for this kind of riding so insight from the more experienced would be great!

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 15:36 Quote
Id say go for the M. Theres nothing worse than riding a bike thats to small, even if its for jibbing around. Youll still be able to do everything on the medium and will probably feel more comfortable on it. You could always use a shorter stem and cranks if you want something smaller

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009418
Mobile Version of Website