Peoples experience with trail riding pants

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Peoples experience with trail riding pants
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 18:55 Quote
Hey everybody,
After reading pb’s comments on the fox indicator pants and with the string of cold and wet weather we have had here in Kamloops recently I am interested in hearing people’s experiences with trail riding in pants. The Fox pants seem to be the most appealing that I have come across but the endura single track trousers also seem decent. So if anybody else has experience with any particular lighter weight riding pants please weigh in!

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 21:33 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Hey everybody,
After reading pb’s comments on the fox indicator pants and with the string of cold and wet weather we have had here in Kamloops recently I am interested in hearing people’s experiences with trail riding in pants. The Fox pants seem to be the most appealing that I have come across but the endura single track trousers also seem decent. So if anybody else has experience with any particular lighter weight riding pants please weigh in!

good luck! I asked the same question a week ago, not much noise here. i reckon the single tracks from Endura look like a good bet.

EDIT: checked out hte new indicator pants and they look like a nice option too! neither option is going to really keep you dry, but they'll help in the cool weather.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 0:00 Quote
remote-local wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:
Hey everybody,

good luck! I asked the same question a week ago, not much noise here. i reckon the single tracks from Endura look like a good bet.

EDIT: checked out hte new indicator pants and they look like a nice option too! neither option is going to really keep you dry, but they'll help in the cool weather.
thanks for the response. I found the leatt DBX 4.0 pants look like they could be used for trail riding and have a shorter inseam which is good for myself. But they seem to be hard to find. I will continue the search and reply in here if I find anything.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 0:00 Quote
I picked up a pair of Endura Singletrack trousers at the start of last winter and really like them. Scottish winters are pretty grim so they make great sense, they’re comfy to pedal in even when wearing knee pads, well vented and seem to shed water quite well even though they’re not actually waterproof. I’ve also had a few crashes in mine which they’ve shrugged off with no visible damage.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 1:36 Quote
I have the Endura, I only wear them when it’s really, really cold trail riding, they get a bit more use when I’m riding DH. I find trail riding with shorts plus knee pads and some merino socks most of my legs covered anyway and after an initial cold start I then warm up and all ok. I wouldn’t use them when it’s raining.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 4:07 Quote
I've got the Endura trousers too, but have only worn them a few times as the legs are way too long for me and bunch up at the ankles. As per the previous post I find that if I'm wearing knee pads and decent socks I don't get that cold anyway.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:05 Quote
Another rainy ride tonight,which is pretty weird for Kamloops. Either way I guess I’m more interested in the dry factor as opposed to the cold factor.

I’ll look into the enduras a bit more I guess maybe it’s just the fact that they aren’t “Cool” looking that’s turning me off. Either way I’m tired of wet legs standing in the cold having a beer after a ride.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 22:22 Quote
Dickies work good

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
Troy Lee pants feel like pyjamas they're so comfy. Not really waterproof but the fit is worth it

Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
I purchased a pair of fox indicators a few months ago. I really like the pants but they seem to be pretty cheaply made. They fit well and are comfortable for long rides but after about a dozen rides the stitching on the waist seam started to pull loose and the material doesn't seem like it would stand up to stitching or repairs. I'd also note that they are not waterproof at all, in fact they are vented near the inner thigh so water splashes right in the vents soaking you almost immediately. If you're looking for a pair of pants to keep you dry and warm look elsewhere, I'd suggest the POC or Specialized (I know, I know, but they're really nice) pants.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005161
Mobile Version of Website