Klamath Falls - Help

PB Forum :: USA - West
Klamath Falls - Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
My wife is a fourth year medical student and we are looking for communities to put down roots for her residency and beyond. We both mountain bike, me more because they own her, and have a 6 year old son. So basically we are looking for educational opportunities for the kid, great riding for me, and a diverse patient population for her.

Klamath Falls has some great opportunities in medicine but I don't know much else about it. I found an article about the Klamath Falls Trail Alliance from a couple years ago but not much else. My friends in Corvallis and Portland don't have much constructive feedback about the area/community.

Thanks in advance.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
Pedantic wrote:
My wife is a fourth year medical student and we are looking for communities to put down roots for her residency and beyond. We both mountain bike, me more because they own her, and have a 6 year old son. So basically we are looking for educational opportunities for the kid, great riding for me, and a diverse patient population for her.

Klamath Falls has some great opportunities in medicine but I don't know much else about it. I found an article about the Klamath Falls Trail Alliance from a couple years ago but not much else. My friends in Corvallis and Portland don't have much constructive feedback about the area/community.

Thanks in advance.

I too am in the medical field. I'm in Redding, but my company has an office in Klamath Falls. I like the area, but it's on the small side and rural. There is some decent riding there, and you are not far from other southern Oregon gems, as well as bend and oakridge of course. It's always a fine line for me as I need a certain amount of patient population to stay busy, but I don't like to work in the big hospital/clinic settings in the bigger cities. So I chose to stay in Redding, CA. That said I wouldn't hesitate to head to K-Falls! Also check out Medford...close to lots of good riding, and a little bigger medical facilities, or even further up in Albany or Corvallis areas.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 17:42 Quote
Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. We'll be out there in September. I'll be sure to spend time in some of the surrounding areas.

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 8:37 Quote
I am not in the Medical field so don't know much from personal experience but Bend has a surprisingly large retirement community (really the base of the town actually) as well as many professional athletes and sports medicine facilities which means it has an impressively large number of diverse medical facility's and obviously a huge trail network out you back door and endless options within 1.5 hour drive deff worth a look.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006860
Mobile Version of Website