Want to Ride the Whole Enchilada

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Want to Ride the Whole Enchilada
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 16:31 Quote
I'm traveling through Moab and will have all day July 11th to ride. I had some buddies lined up to ride with me but they've bailed. Looking for recommendations on shuttle service and potentially a person/group to ride with so I don't have to go solo on the Whole Enchilada.

Any recommendations on who to ride with? A shuttle service that gets me to the top EARLY in the morning?

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:37 Quote
Moab in July sounds hot.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 21:45 Quote
sspiff wrote:
Moab in July sounds hot.

Yes for sure. However I’m from Phoenix AZ and ride year round. Not my preference to go in July, but it just happens I’m traveling through. Plan is to start early finish early.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:27 Quote
I've used Whole Enchilada Shuttle Company. They were good, but from their site it looks like they don't go to Burro Pass until the 15th... Might be worth calling around before you arrive, I know there are some issues with permits that effect where the drop off point is. Says they leave at 7:30 a.m.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
AarontCO wrote:
I've used Whole Enchilada Shuttle Company. They were good, but from their site it looks like they don't go to Burro Pass until the 15th... Might be worth calling around before you arrive, I know there are some issues with permits that effect where the drop off point is. Says they leave at 7:30 a.m.

Absolutely will confirm it's open....I believe it is now. Was really hoping to start much earlier than 7:30, but it may be earliest option. Thx.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 21:42 Quote
Burro Pass isn't open yet. It's only open from Hazard County down which is still about 2/3 of the whole enchilada. The Forest Service has a hard opening date regardless of snow conditions. It just opens up at the same time every year.

I rode the whole enchilada down from Hazard County last week using The Whole Enchilada Shuttle Company. I've used them twice and it's great/straightforward every time. As far as riding in July the shuttle company offers really early starts. I like the 7:30 AM start you so you can beat the crowds and heat.

As of today the trail from Burro pass down is probably clear of snow and mostly dry. If the road isn't open by the time your date comes round you can always ride up from Hazard to the top of Burro so you can do the full ride.

Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 0:02 Quote
Off topic but if you’re in need of breakfast, the Love Muffin has the best breakfast burritos in the world. And The Spoke has ridiculous burgers and beer. And it’s a bike-themed bar. ???????? Cheers!!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009339
Mobile Version of Website