160mm Pike or Lyrik on a Troy?

PB Forum :: Devinci
160mm Pike or Lyrik on a Troy?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
I'm trying to decide between a Pike or a Lyrik at 160mm for a Troy.

I'm in Ontario, Canada, and the riding here is lots of short but often steep and techy climbs/descents.

I ride mostly trail, but occasional DH park trips that I'll be using this bike for also.

So having read a few reviews and comparisons of both the Pike and Lyrik, I'm torn. They're both very good, but I'm wondering if the Pike at 160mm is flexy at all since it's right at the peak of it's travel capabilities. This also speaks better for the Lyrik, which is just at the bottom of it's travel range, but is there a noticeable weight penalty for the Lyrik?

Also, I haven't looked at price yet - is the new Lyrik stupidly expensive?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
Can't help you with the RS forks, but, if you want to keep the front end low-ish, also look at the MRP Ribbon fork, as well as being very good, they have a low a-c.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2018 at 14:28 Quote
I run a pike 160 for all the trails around the Seattle area. I definitely don’t notice any flex but I don’t a lot of full on DH, more all mountain/enduro stuff, pedal to the top then ride down. I’m going to be doing more lift assist riding this year and have thought about going for a lyric or a 36 but I’m going to give the pike a try first. I’d say if you’re not worried about weight and want something more DH oriented go for it. But I know the pike is great for general trail riding and I hope it’ll hold up to 4-6 days of lift riding for me.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 16:34 Quote
Thanks for your feedback guys. I decided to go with the Lyrik since 160mm is comfortably within its travel, whereas it’s pushing he limits of a Pike. That, and it’s become a cheap upgrade, so is a bit of a no brainer.

Now I’m considering between the Rockshox Deluxe and Super Deluxe... turn this thing into a proper ripper, but will it suffer on the climbs?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008378
Mobile Version of Website