What bike to buy for a beginner

PB Forum :: Beginners
What bike to buy for a beginner
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 12:20 Quote
Hello , I’m looking to get into mountain biking , going on trails , tracks etc. I’m looking to spend around £500 for now , but want the best for my money, I’m completely new to this and have no idea where to start ,

Thanks

Posted: Aug 9, 2018 at 9:07 Quote
Go to lots of bike shops & test ride some. Go to any bike demo days near you and test ride the bikes. Probably you’ll want a hardtail to start since the full suspension bikes are generally more expensive. Try to get in on any end of season deals for last years models. Found excellent deals before online, but had to assemble the bike myself. Ended up taking to a shop just to fix a few issues I had trying to get the headset in correctly. But...it was a nice bike. It had been sitting around at a non-local shop & was 1-2 years old model that hadn’t sold.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Brett85 wrote:
Hello , I’m looking to get into mountain biking , going on trails , tracks etc. I’m looking to spend around £500 for now , but want the best for my money, I’m completely new to this and have no idea where to start ,

Thanks

If you are looking for a nicer bike, you are going to have to drop some more cash, but it's worth it. I would suggest looking into some lower end hardtails from Trek, Cannondale, etc. Going for a hard-tail would be the best idea, as they are less costly.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.009475
Mobile Version of Website