Rockshox forks

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rockshox forks
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 11:17 Quote
Hi all has any one removed the upper fork stanchions from the crown before and how is it done. Forgive my ignorance with terminology if any. (Mine have some small scratches on and I i was just wondering if it was possible). Thanks in advance. Mark

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 13:02 Quote
What kid of Rockshox fork are you talking about?

Model / year please.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
Recon and revelation. I have both but the recon has a straight steerer and the revelation is tapered so wanted to swap the the crowns over as the stanchions on the recon arnt great and the travel on the revelations is much better. So was hoping to use the the rreverlations with the recon straight steerer. Hopefully not to complicated.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 13:19 Quote
Not sure about the recon. They were second hand also a few years ago. The revelations are 2009 with a 2014 updated remote lock off system. Really want to use the revelations as they look a lot better than the recons and have
160mm travel.

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 14:51 Quote
You are going to need an entire Crown Steer Unit (CSU) with the stanchions. and they are ususlly quite expensive, 400$ range I would estimate.

The stanchions are pressed into the CSU and generally not replaceable. There are select suspension shops what can do this type of work, but not all stanchions can be replaced. you would have to find a suspension shop and ask. I know generally, its difficult to find a place that can do that work.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008921
Mobile Version of Website