Help with hope v4 calipers and cooling

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help with hope v4 calipers and cooling
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 1:51 Quote
can anybody help me with a thought ive had .

ive had a few long fast descents recently in our our uk heatwave and been having a bit of fade issues mostly when stopped at the bottom or at gates etc . so im thinking of changing out the e4 calipers for the wider v4 calipers and fitting the uberbike finned back plates to the hope the metalic pads that im running currently , i like the bite of the hope pads so ok to stay with them (will try the race matrix pads too seen as they come with the plates) , obviously the change of caliper is to increase brake power and allow the plates to fit in with oem pads on the normal hope floating disc not the vented . hope this hasnt confused you . any help or anyone tried this

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 3:06 Quote
rallondave wrote:

ive had a few long fast descents recently in our our uk heatwave and been having a bit of fade issues mostly when stopped at the bottom or at gates etc . so im thinking of changing out the e4 calipers for the wider v4 calipers and fitting the uberbike finned back plates to the hope the metalic pads that im running currently , i like the bite of the hope pads so ok to stay with them (will try the race matrix pads too seen as they come with the plates) , obviously the change of caliper is to increase brake power and allow the plates to fit in with oem pads on the normal hope floating disc not the vented . hope this hasnt confused you . any help or anyone tried this

Hi,

what brand and model of dot fluid are you using?
are you using braided hoses?
are you using Hope Floating Rotors?

ZR

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 3:16 Quote
lepak1corner wrote:
rallondave wrote:

Hi,

ZR

stock lines , 5.1 dot fluid and yeah the noisy rattling floating rotors,they are fine when on the move but if you stop in a descent for a gate or something , when i set off again the brakes are very vague and struggle to pull me up until they cool off again on a climb , they fluid isnt boiling and not getting big lever travel , just purely a lack of bite from the pad

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 20:23 Quote
rallondave wrote:
lepak1corner wrote:
rallondave wrote:

Hi,

ZR

stock lines , 5.1 dot fluid and yeah the noisy rattling floating rotors,they are fine when on the move but if you stop in a descent for a gate or something , when i set off again the brakes are very vague and struggle to pull me up until they cool off again on a climb , they fluid isnt boiling and not getting big lever travel , just purely a lack of bite from the pad

You might wanna give Vesrah a try.
http://www.vesrah.com/Bicycle.pdf

ZR

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008389
Mobile Version of Website