Pole Taival: Long and Slack 29" Steel Hardtail. Tall guys please step inside...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pole Taival: Long and Slack 29" Steel Hardtail. Tall guys please step inside...
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
im 6' 2" and 16 yo. i ride an XL rocky mountain altitude, the extra reach on any bike should help with control.

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 22:25 Quote
19" wingspan? huh?

6'2 here, 6'6 wingspan. tried a pipedream moxie earlier this year as there was one for sale nearby in pink, its definitely another good option for tall peeps, was going to buy it but someone else beat me to it (went for a test ride, wanted to think about it a couple days, was sold after i decided i wanted it)

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 23:53 Quote
I find the problem now is that although reach and wheelbase are growing, which is great for us longboiz, is that bloody seat tubes are shrinking! There aren't enough 200mm+ droppers on the market to get my arse up where it needs to be when I'm cranking along.

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 17:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
19" wingspan? huh?)
Whoops, put down shoulders instead arm, also my shoulders are 24”, I gotta get my shit together.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 2:17 Quote
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to buy a strong hardtail, which i can trust. The pole Taival, or a custom Marino frame is the top of my list.
I want to know, which brand makes durable and stronger frames Smile . Any thoughts, any Suggestion ?
Pole give lifetime warranty, Marino gives only 1 year.
Marino is cirka 450 euro, and the Pole is 700.
I want to decide this week, soo any help would be great Smile Thanks a lot

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
I've got at Marino.

The frame is 4kg! Now is its xxl but still!

I suspect I'll no be breaking that!

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
I ended up going with a Moxie by Pipedream. And it...is...awesome! I've had it setup as a 27.5+ with 160 travel for the last few months but I'm about to convert it to a 29 with 140 and see how it handles. I could not recommend more.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
I was looking at the Moxie and the Taival. I'm 6'6". Love the Moxie. It is a stunning rig. For me though, the seat tube is just too short for my liking. The bike is SO low! I also didn't want a bike that looked like a pile a shit. Big bikes seem to have mega long seat tubes with high top tubes. The Taival seemed to tick all the boxes. Went for XL. Very similar Geo to the Moxie but the seat tube is a 9cm longer which sealed the deal. It is a stunning piece of kit. This photo does not do it justice. It is the first bike I have seen where they have managed to scale it up for a bigger rider without it looking freaky. The TN build is an absolute bargain at £2500.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 2:30 Quote
Ah this thread is great find as im selling my full sus and older hardtail to go down to one bike, Im 6ft 2 i have settled on either the MK2 Moxie or the Pole Taival.

What max size 29" rear tyre you can get on the Taival as i was thinking of running a 2.6 when doing uplift days etc to give me a bit of extra squish.
Great to see some pics of an XL bike too and sure love that blue!

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
leigh4013 wrote:
Ah this thread is great find as im selling my full sus and older hardtail to go down to one bike, Im 6ft 2 i have settled on either the MK2 Moxie or the Pole Taival.

What max size 29" rear tyre you can get on the Taival as i was thinking of running a 2.6 when doing uplift days etc to give me a bit of extra squish.
Great to see some pics of an XL bike too and sure love that blue!

I have a 2.5 minion dhr on the back. I think you could get a 2.6 in just depending on tyre make. The large frame would probs be a good option too for you. Near identical geo to Moxie other than the seat tube length on the Moxie is super short!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015665
Mobile Version of Website