DIY carbon seller in the buysell

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
DIY carbon seller in the buysell
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
[Quote="AaronDietz"]
TannerZ wrote:
Anyone try anything other then wheels

Let’s revive this thread. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the hardtail stache frame and some wheels. Anyone build up a frame yet? Pics on the site look dope.[/Quote
I saw that thing, as long as you aren't riding super gnarly trails im sure you will be fine

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
[Quote="Gmoneyog1"]
AaronDietz wrote:
TannerZ wrote:
Anyone try anything other then wheels

Let’s revive this thread. I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the hardtail stache frame and some wheels. Anyone build up a frame yet? Pics on the site look dope.[/Quote
I saw that thing, as long as you aren't riding super gnarly trails im sure you will be fine

My main rig is an Sb55. This would be a second bike for long rides/training. Won’t be sailing through any rock gardens ????

Posted: Feb 4, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
[Quote="AaronDietz"]
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
AaronDietz wrote:

My main rig is an Sb55. This would be a second bike for long rides/training. Won’t be sailing through any rock gardens ????

Well I've never owned one of these but I'd assume it would be perfectly fine. Don't see a reason not to buy it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 2:49 Quote
I bought some wheels from him, and had the worst experience ever!!!!!

After cracking the DH wheels (on a trail ride) the customer service/guarantee Ty promised was nowhere to be found. He told me it was just the epoxy, and that just the finish was damaged. After repeated phone calls/texts/emails, I have received no response and no new rim. VERY DISAPPOINTED and I cannot recommend DIY after this experience. Absolute shit quality. The hubs he recommended were also garbage, the shitty rims lasted longer than the hub. After about 6 months of riding, the spokes started breaking one after another, despite being serviced by reputable wheel builders. The quality is real shit. Buy cheap, buy twice!!

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
[Quote="TannerZ"]Anyone try anything other then wheels[/Quote

Just in case you are still interested, I got a xc hard tail from Ty that I use as my training/gravel/light xc
bike. Recieved it last November and have 650 miles on it as of this morning. The frame built up very well
came with headset,bb,seatpost clamp, and some axle adapters. Bike is very light and a ball to ride.[P=www.pinkbike.com/photo/17025884/ size=m align=c][/P]

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Deleted my original post as I made a mistake. I would definitely use DIY Carbon again as they provide fantastic service

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010481
Mobile Version of Website