Trek slash 2018 coil shock conversion

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek slash 2018 coil shock conversion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 22:00 Quote
hey looking to get rid of the through shaft air spring that come on the bike and replace it with a fox dhx2. just winding if anyone else has done so and what was involved to make it work/fit?
cheers!

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 8:13 Quote
shaneoravsky wrote:
hey looking to get rid of the through shaft air spring that come on the bike and replace it with a fox dhx2. just winding if anyone else has done so and what was involved to make it work/fit?
cheers!

I just bought the 230x60 super coil deluxe with the remote lockout. You will need new hardware and spacers. Also you need to buy the one that is meant for the commencal meta. The santa cruz nomad version will not fit. Other than that there are no clearance issues and its a thousand times better.

Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 7:33 Quote
Any guidance about which coil shock from Fox or Cane Creek will fit, obviously everyone going 230x60, but I mean specifically is there a certain model, mounting hardware etc?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
Robinwoolley wrote:
Any guidance about which coil shock from Fox or Cane Creek will fit, obviously everyone going 230x60, but I mean specifically is there a certain model, mounting hardware etc?

Cane Creek now has a 230x57.5 DB Coil CS. Unfortunately they don't have Trek mounting hardware so the only way people have been running it is with the Super Deluxe mounting hardware.I'm ordering my DB Coil CS today after doing that bit of research.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 at 0:22 Quote
Chickenlamb wrote:
shaneoravsky wrote:
cheers!

I just bought the 230x60 super coil deluxe with the remote lockout. You will need new hardware and spacers. Also you need to buy the one that is meant for the commencal meta. The santa cruz nomad version will not fit. Other than that there are no clearance issues and its a thousand times better.

Intresting, im planing on buying the super delux coil but dont want the remote lockout, why wont the santa cruz nomad version fit?

And do you know if you could rebuild the remote lockout one to none remote?

thanks
/Niklas

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 0:03 Quote
Hi everybody

I checked with my lbs (not a trek dealer), and they told me i would need to get custom made hardware to make the 230x60 super coil deluxe fit on a slash 8. Is it possible to get such hardware or a mounting kit, or do I actually have to go trough the trouble?

cheers

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 19:37 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
Robinwoolley wrote:

Cane Creek now has a 230x57.5 DB Coil CS. Unfortunately they don't have Trek mounting hardware so the only way people have been running it is with the Super Deluxe mounting hardware.I'm ordering my DB Coil CS today after doing that bit of research.

Did you go through with this ?

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
I've gone with the Push Elevensix ss and its by far the best upgrade I've done to the bike.
Its a lot more planted now and I have way more confidence mid corner.

The Small bump sensitivity is sooooo much better than air and thats what keeps you settled giving you more confidence.

I've also gone with the Push front coil conversion and that is just Epic - Words cant describe how good it it

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
The super deluxe coil does not need special hardware, just order the mounting hardware for a 2017 trek slash and you are good to go. One for a nomad will not fit because of the bearings for mounting. If you bunch the bearings out of the eyelet they are too big unless you make custom hardware.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
Chickenlamb wrote:
The super deluxe coil does not need special hardware, just order the mounting hardware for a 2017 trek slash and you are good to go. One for a nomad will not fit because of the bearings for mounting. If you bunch the bearings out of the eyelet they are too big unless you make custom hardware.

I just bought a super delux coil with lock out for my slash. I need to buy a spring now. I am 174lbs with gear. Looking at a 500lb and 450lb spring to try out. Wondering how much you weigh, what spring you use, and what is your sag.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
FTW wrote:
Chickenlamb wrote:

I just bought a super delux coil with lock out for my slash. I need to buy a spring now. I am 174lbs with gear. Looking at a 500lb and 450lb spring to try out. Wondering how much you weigh, what spring you use, and what is your sag.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Im 165 and have a 500lb. 450 was too soft.

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
Just looking for clarification. The super deluxe will fit a 17.5 frame without the piggy back hitting (or anything else for that matter?). Otherwise the Dhx2 will work because of the offset piggyback? Thanks for the help!

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
I used a Bombee CR on my Slash with both a 400 and 450 spring. I'm 165 when riding and generally like the way 450 felt, but only had 20% sag. It felt good on the trail and didn't bottom hard, but felt like it rode too high. With the 400lb, I bottomed like crazy and the bike didn't feel any better than with thru shaft.

I've read others with similar weights, use 400 okay bit on dhx2 or cane creek where they've added a bit of HSC. 500 would be way high in my experience.

I have the bomber and 2 springs for sale if interested.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 23:04 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
FTW wrote:
Chickenlamb wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

How much sag are you running on the 500?

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
FTW wrote:
StumpyJR wrote:
FTW wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

How much sag are you running on the 500?
Around 28%

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010203
Mobile Version of Website